Used 1992 Acura Legend Sedan Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Acura Legend Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

An underrated car worthy of becoming a classic
By Antonio Rodriguez

1992 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I bought this car off a lady that had neglected the car pretty bad, she pretty much just wanted to get rid of it, the car was not running as she had blown the had gaskets, the leather interior was nice on the back but the front seats were (still are) in a bad shape, and the clear coat of the paint was peeling off due to it being parked on the sun. Pretty much a beater, I hired a guy to rebuild the engine expecting a huge bill but to my surprise it wasn´t like that, although I must say PARTS ARE EXPENSIVE AND A BIT HARD TO FIND: BEWARE. Aside from that the car is flawless, in terms of reliability the car surprised me, just make the oil changes and tune ups in time and the car will not break down EVER, it runs very smooth and quiet, TOO QUIET. The engine is mounted longitudinally so it gives the car a great 60/40 balance and a great road feel, it corners hard but its weight (1700 KG aprox) becomes evident when pushing the car to the limits, the suspension is... ¨sporty¨although this was marketed as a ¨luxury sedan¨ back in the day, dont get me wrong the car is really confy but its more towards the stiff side so you can expect the car to remain flat when taking a turn at speed or doing evasive manuvers, it has ABS, 4 wheel disc brakes, dual airbags, Car alarm out of the factory and is study as hell, the seats and interior are great for tall people (I´m 6´3 - 1.96m), also the interior is very quiet, I can barely hear the engine rev and I fell no vibration at all coming from the engine, performance wise the car surprised me two, it has plenty of get up and go in case you need it, the 3.2 liter Honda V6 (C32A) is a great powerplant and though the car is a little past the ton and a half it doesnt feel like it at all, aftermarket wise...Its pretty much non existent, but the way to go with this car would be weight reduction and handling upgrades. So far I´m quite happy with my ¨little¨ beater(The damn thing is bigger than it looks or feels), one thing I dont like is the transmission, mine is a 4-speed auto and is really clumsy from time to time, it shifts at odd moments and sometimes hinders the performance of the car, If posible get the manual transmission with the 6-speed and a Type II engine (has a little more power), economy wise it´s...Okay, the gas isn´t the best as it gives 20-22 MPG city 25 highway if driven properly, if you have a lead foot the car will chug gas like there is no tomorrow, repair wise its a breeze, the car just doesnt die Mine has 300,000+ miles and the engine feels great, if you manage to break it you will find that parts are not too common as the engine is only used in this car and although the engine is the base for most of the current acuras nowadays newer parts will not fit, that right there is $$$, just find a good mechanic and be patient, If you give love to the car it will reward you. the car started just as another beater for me but now I just want to restore it to its former glory, even in its current run-down state I get compliments on the looks, I look forward to buying the coupe version so I can have the pair for sunday driving, If you have the chance of getting one in a good state you are in for a very charming, reliable stubborn ride.

She'll be missed
By s OConnor

1992 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my niece in '06 who bought it from my dad in '97 who originally bought it new in '92. I had always loved this car even though my dad preferred the design of the '88( i personally saw no comparison!). It's pick up was amazing, stopped on a dime and maintenance, while expensive in comparison to American models, isn't required too often. The handling was unmatched and I always found the style very sleek. The paint held up although the last year lots of flaking on the roof. With 295,000 she met her fate when someone pulled out in front of me in traffic totaling the car. A terrible ending to a most amazing life.

none

Great performance & style
By Rhart

1992 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I am the second owner and have a great experience with this car. I bought it with a 147,000 miles on it and have put an additional 40,000 on it. Still rides great. It is starting to show its age but for 18 years old still looks remarkably well.

Rear fender wells tend to rust like all early 90's Hondas.

Fast n Fun!
By cclegendle

1992 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I got my first Legend in March of '09 with about roughly 204,500 miles on it, and it ran like a new car! I like the leather interior and the auto drivers seat, but what I especially like is the surprising speed and handling and the fact that you have access to all four speeds in an automatic (which is something most automatic owners don't even have access to today!). I like this car so much that when I'm done with it I think I will get a type 2 Legend with a 6 speed manual transmission. 4 door or coupe it doesn't matter 2 me because they both look good!

Speed. For a 200 hp rated stock car it seems a lot faster and its handling is good too, what I would expect from one of Japan's luxury/performance models.

Better fuel economy, I achieve about 20 mpg max in the city and that's on a good day. I would expect much more out of having to put premium gas in my tank!

Family Legend
By kingvonh

1992 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 174K for $1300 about a month ago as a family get around car. Thus far the overall ride and performance has met or exceeded expectations exept I believe the transmission is too quirky (can shift rough at times). Premium fuel only kind of kills any economical value. Avg 22 mpg (1/2 city, 1/2 hwy). Car handles well in corners and accelerates easily. Will pass on freeway with no hesitation. Rides a little too stiff. Should have softer suspension for type of car it is. Issues with windows (work but slow), locks (if you lock it will keep on trying to lock?) radio (factory Bose does not work, common) power antenna (jammed) and some paint oxidization (black).

Design, love the combination of luxury with sport and power. Bullet proof engine. The peace of mind.. it's a fancy Honda Accord really. Fits 2 car seats and a 7yr old comfortably in the rear and trunk holds a stroller and 2 weeks of groceries for a family of 5 with no problem.

Softer suspension. Perhaps a more powerful engine that doesn't require Premium Fuel! Smoother transmission. Better audio system.