Used 1992 Acura Legend L Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

Fun to Drive
By Always & Forever

1992 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

My husband purchased this car as a wedding gift in 2000. I fell in love with it and immediately treated it like a baby. Her name is "Belle" and yes she has had minor maintenance work (tires, brakes, water pump), but isn't that how babies are? Take care of them, and one day you will receive the reward, which I am receiving right now, 7 years later! I am very pleased with this car.

Her body style is awesome, Bose system is awesome, huge trunk, and I love the speed.

My air conditioning is starting to make noise, and the steerring wheel creaks when I am turning. I hear the baby crying!

Excellent engine, styling, & comfort
By Kyle K.

1992 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

2nd owner, bought car in '99 with 60k mi; put in after market suspension & audio system; car has driven like a dream since with regular preventive maintenance (oil, air, coolant) and a preventive water pump, belts, and radiator change at 90k; drives as well as the day I bought it with no major repairs; receive many compliments from friends who thought car is new.

modern & sleek styling, comfortable & luxurious leather cabin, dependable & strong engine.

rough tranny shifting in lower gears, mediocre low end torque, mediocre gas mileage.

Pleasure to Own
By Paul

1992 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

Bought this car as a certified used vehicle from an Acura dealer. It was 4 years old and in great condition. My ownership for the past 10 years as been a joy. Very little maintenance overall. Had the belts, hoses, and water pump changed at 10 years as preventative. Problem areas that have had to be repaired.. new radiator top assembly, new ignition switch, power antenna always an issue, had to have a used transmission put in (this was most likely my fault from towing a trailer with the car that was at the max tow limit, it was recommended that I not pull a trailer with this car). Paint is now starting to show age on roof and trunk lid, still original and not garage kept. Interior has held up

Style, comfort, size, stering wheel mounted controls. Still very tight and no rattles at close to 200,000 miles.

Transmission seemed to be a weak point on this car and is very costly to replace from dealer. The power antenna seemed to be a common problem as well.

My Legend
By Joe A

1992 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

My Legend has been very good to me. Always get compliments on it, even when its dirty. Have had normal mechanical problems, changed belts, front brakes, overheated radiator at 150,000 miles, but besides that, the car has been a pleasure to ride in, Vigors are also nice cars.

Audio Control on steering wheel, big trunk, supberb styling, good city car, door mounted ash-trays, responsive handling

Acura should have used the Type 2 engine on all the Legends

What a money pit!!!!!!!!
By jtttma

1992 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

I bought a 1992 Legend with $48k miles in 2000. I thought it would be a reliable car that would last me at least 8 more years. In the four years that I have owned it, I have poured thousands of dollars into it. A new A/C ($1200), radiator, two front axles, replaced all motor mounts (come on, when was the last time you replace a motor mount in a car) and a load of other things. I estimate that I have spent at least $5000 in the four years I have owned it. The engine and transmission, they say, are great, but every thing else is garbage. I tell everyone who wants to by a used Legend to be prepared to pay thousands in repairs.

None. You get to know alot of tow drivers. So very frustrating to own.

Make it last like a Honda Accord, not like an American Luxury car.