1992 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:
She'll be missed
By s OConnor on 07/08/10 15:36 PM (PDT)

1992 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my niece in '06 who bought it from my dad in '97 who originally bought it new in '92. I had always loved this car even though my dad preferred the design of the '88( i personally saw no comparison!). It's pick up was amazing, stopped on a dime and maintenance, while expensive in comparison to American models, isn't required too often. The handling was unmatched and I always found the style very sleek. The paint held up although the last year lots of flaking on the roof. With 295,000 she met her fate when someone pulled out in front of me in traffic totaling the car. A terrible ending to a most amazing life.

Great performance & style
By Rhart on 03/03/10 10:56 AM (PST)

1992 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

I am the second owner and have a great experience with this car. I bought it with a 147,000 miles on it and have put an additional 40,000 on it. Still rides great. It is starting to show its age but for 18 years old still looks remarkably well.

Fast n Fun!
By cclegendle on 05/11/09 06:16 AM (PDT)

1992 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

I got my first Legend in March of '09 with about roughly 204,500 miles on it, and it ran like a new car! I like the leather interior and the auto drivers seat, but what I especially like is the surprising speed and handling and the fact that you have access to all four speeds in an automatic (which is something most automatic owners don't even have access to today!). I like this car so much that when I'm done with it I think I will get a type 2 Legend with a 6 speed manual transmission. 4 door or coupe it doesn't matter 2 me because they both look good!

The best car I ever had
By oscar on 09/19/08 18:27 PM (PDT)

1992 Acura Legend L 2dr Coupe

Will be difficult to depart with. At 240.000 plus miles runs like new. It run with original time belt until recently, I changed only because the mechanic advised it. Parts becoming difficult to find. This car should become a classic.

Family Legend
By kingvonh on 05/08/08 00:34 AM (PDT)

1992 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 174K for $1300 about a month ago as a family get around car. Thus far the overall ride and performance has met or exceeded expectations exept I believe the transmission is too quirky (can shift rough at times). Premium fuel only kind of kills any economical value. Avg 22 mpg (1/2 city, 1/2 hwy). Car handles well in corners and accelerates easily. Will pass on freeway with no hesitation. Rides a little too stiff. Should have softer suspension for type of car it is. Issues with windows (work but slow), locks (if you lock it will keep on trying to lock?) radio (factory Bose does not work, common) power antenna (jammed) and some paint oxidization (black).

Can't Get Rid of This Thing
By Ben on 10/26/07 01:43 AM (PDT)

1992 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

I've had my Legend LS for 10 years now. I've contemplated getting a new car numerous times, but I just can't seem to justify buying a new car with my Legend still going strong. It's like trying to kill a zombie. Sure, it has some issues that I may eventually take care of (A/C no longer works, all Bose speakers but one have died, valve seals need replacing, ABS no longer works), but the car still runs great. I'm thinking that I'd rather spend the $3K+ to fix these items than spend another $30K - $40K for a newer car. Besides, if I were to get a new car, I still couldn't part with my Legend. My wife and I switched cars one day (never happens), and she commented on how smooth it still rides.

Fun to Drive
By Always & Forever on 09/06/07 15:08 PM (PDT)

1992 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

My husband purchased this car as a wedding gift in 2000. I fell in love with it and immediately treated it like a baby. Her name is "Belle" and yes she has had minor maintenance work (tires, brakes, water pump), but isn't that how babies are? Take care of them, and one day you will receive the reward, which I am receiving right now, 7 years later! I am very pleased with this car.

Best car yet
By John from VA on 03/22/07 07:56 AM (PDT)

1992 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in 96. It had 50K when purchased, now has 135K. I have replaced brake master, converted AC to new freon when all the leaks were found. Much cheaper than installing a new system if you can find a mechanic to take the time. Tires, brakes and fluids just like any other car. Still need to do the motor mounts to fix the 1 to 2 shift issue. It's been in the garage its whole life, home and work. It still shines up like it was new except for the sand blasted front, I live in north east. Great car to drive and look at. Everything fits together so well and tight. I enjoy driving the 70 to 90+. It seems to get easier as speeds go up.

a happy owner
By Sea fan on 01/07/07 19:03 PM (PST)

1992 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car since 92 and have only had to change the battery and the tires. It is an amazing car and I've been extremely satisfied.

Excellent engine, styling, & comfort
By Kyle K. on 04/22/06 19:48 PM (PDT)

1992 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

2nd owner, bought car in '99 with 60k mi; put in after market suspension & audio system; car has driven like a dream since with regular preventive maintenance (oil, air, coolant) and a preventive water pump, belts, and radiator change at 90k; drives as well as the day I bought it with no major repairs; receive many compliments from friends who thought car is new.