Used 1992 Acura Legend Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

1992 Acura Legend

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

She'll be missed
By s OConnor

1992 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my niece in '06 who bought it from my dad in '97 who originally bought it new in '92. I had always loved this car even though my dad preferred the design of the '88( i personally saw no comparison!). It's pick up was amazing, stopped on a dime and maintenance, while expensive in comparison to American models, isn't required too often. The handling was unmatched and I always found the style very sleek. The paint held up although the last year lots of flaking on the roof. With 295,000 she met her fate when someone pulled out in front of me in traffic totaling the car. A terrible ending to a most amazing life.

Suggested Improvements

none

Great performance & style
By Rhart

1992 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

I am the second owner and have a great experience with this car. I bought it with a 147,000 miles on it and have put an additional 40,000 on it. Still rides great. It is starting to show its age but for 18 years old still looks remarkably well.

Suggested Improvements

Rear fender wells tend to rust like all early 90's Hondas.

Fast n Fun!
By cclegendle

1992 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

I got my first Legend in March of '09 with about roughly 204,500 miles on it, and it ran like a new car! I like the leather interior and the auto drivers seat, but what I especially like is the surprising speed and handling and the fact that you have access to all four speeds in an automatic (which is something most automatic owners don't even have access to today!). I like this car so much that when I'm done with it I think I will get a type 2 Legend with a 6 speed manual transmission. 4 door or coupe it doesn't matter 2 me because they both look good!

Favorite Features

Speed. For a 200 hp rated stock car it seems a lot faster and its handling is good too, what I would expect from one of Japan's luxury/performance models.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy, I achieve about 20 mpg max in the city and that's on a good day. I would expect much more out of having to put premium gas in my tank!

The best car I ever had
By oscar

1992 Acura Legend L 2dr Coupe

Will be difficult to depart with. At 240.000 plus miles runs like new. It run with original time belt until recently, I changed only because the mechanic advised it. Parts becoming difficult to find. This car should become a classic.

Favorite Features

Handling, acceleration, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

All metal radiator. Had to change mine twice.It cracked, both times at the plastic top part.

Family Legend
By kingvonh

1992 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 174K for $1300 about a month ago as a family get around car. Thus far the overall ride and performance has met or exceeded expectations exept I believe the transmission is too quirky (can shift rough at times). Premium fuel only kind of kills any economical value. Avg 22 mpg (1/2 city, 1/2 hwy). Car handles well in corners and accelerates easily. Will pass on freeway with no hesitation. Rides a little too stiff. Should have softer suspension for type of car it is. Issues with windows (work but slow), locks (if you lock it will keep on trying to lock?) radio (factory Bose does not work, common) power antenna (jammed) and some paint oxidization (black).

Favorite Features

Design, love the combination of luxury with sport and power. Bullet proof engine. The peace of mind.. it's a fancy Honda Accord really. Fits 2 car seats and a 7yr old comfortably in the rear and trunk holds a stroller and 2 weeks of groceries for a family of 5 with no problem.

Suggested Improvements

Softer suspension. Perhaps a more powerful engine that doesn't require Premium Fuel! Smoother transmission. Better audio system.