Legendary
By rosewood brown on
1991 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan
This has been in my family since new. It was my uncle's before it was mine. I now have it past 205,000 and it's still going strong. Some interior components are showing their age, like the leather is going and I have the same minor issues that crop up with Legends of age. Had to replace the CV joints and steering rack boots to pass inspection, a little rust is showing over the rear wheel well. Tuned it up and now runs like new. NO BAD HEAD GASKETS. Not bad for a 16 yo car. 23 mpg mixed driving. Any other '91 can pull that off with 200 hp V6? NOPE. Sometimes I'm tempted to drive our Corolla instead to save gas, but I always grab the Acura keys. Love driving this car. Great car for DIY, too.
Favorite Features
All the power features (steering wheel audio, windows, locks, mirrors, seats -- MEMORY, TOO). Engine/power, ride/handling. This car devours the highway. I love how easy it is to work on for the home mechanic. You don't need the dealer. It's easy to find parts. The styling says it all: I am a Legend.
Suggested Improvements
We already know: cup holders, power tilt/telescope steering wheel, more powerful engine, better fuel economy, 6 speed manual, bigger wheels. But Acura picked up on that -- it's called the '94-'95 Legend GS. ;)