Used 1991 Acura Legend Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Acura Legend Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

A True Legend
By DugALug

1991 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

This car has been wonderful I love it and I am sad to be finally getting rid of it after 14 years.

5-Speed Transmission

Better Wheels, More Horsepower

Simply amazing vehicle
By professorbryce

1991 Acura Legend Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

This car is great! The engine is very powerful and it is very luxurious. Hard to find any car this good without a 3 pointed star on the hood! 3 of my motor mounts went bad and it cost $700 to replace them, but the car is now running like new with 166000 miles. Also beware of cooling issues. The engine cooling system can act very weird sometimes. Parts are expensive but this car is worth every penny you put into it. Even with the problems ive had, its never left my stranded.

The engine is smooth under light loads, but is a monster when you open it up. Interior is as good as any 2004 vehicle. I could drive the car for days on end and not get tired.

The gas mileage could be better. Premium fuel burns up quickly. Back seat passsengers should be a short trip affair due to lack of legroom.

The Legend of the Legends
By Phredd

1991 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

Picked up the car 8 months ago after my Hyundai got totalled. The Acura had 154,000 when I got it.. and with a little TLC to get the heat working, and fix some cooling system issues, the car is very nice. It's now got 167,000, and is going strong. About the two worst things are the gas mileage and the missing cup holder... But hey, it's not an economy car, and I've learned to live without the cup holder.

#1.... the little visor over the rear view mirror! #2.... the body design (the gen II coupes are THE best looking Acura ever made :) #3... the steering wheel radio controls

Well, it's 12 years old, so a little late for that, eh? All in all though, Perhaps a better rim design... and dual exhaust may have helped beef up the HP a bit and given the car a better appearance...

LEGEND
By dizyblonde2k3

1991 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

When i bought my Acura, i didnt know how good of a car that it was. I had it for like a week and everyone was telling me that i had a great car. Everything was awsome in my car,the sun foor,the sterio,the gas,everything. Well eveything exept it didnt last through it's first accident. I had it for 5 months, and my boyfriend got into an accident with it and totaled it.

everything.....the sun foor,the gas,the speed,the color..

nothing..

Very satisfied owner
By Miquelle

1991 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

I've had the 1991 Acura Legend for almost 3 years. It was 10 years old when I bought it, with only 32,500 miles. We sold our first Acura Legend after 12 years and 200,000 miles of excellent service, with very few problems. The 1991 is better looking with similar comfort and reliability.

Reliable engine. Our first Acura Legend had no engine problems and still ran fine when we sold it with 200,000 miles. The 1991 now has 58,000 trouble- free miles, and we expect the same for the next 10 years.

Later models have more power (225hp instead of 200hp).