1991 Acura Legend Consumer Review: 150K and still lovin' it

1991 Acura Legend - Consumer Review

150K and still lovin' it
By Craig on

1991 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

I bought this car brand new in 1991 and can't imagine replacing it. It was hard to find because I wanted a stick, but the performance difference is well worth it. I still love it after all these years. This model year was magic. Classic looks, stellar quality, sedan convenience with sports car handling (almost). I've got 150K on it and my mechanic tells me I can expect to double that before I'm through. They just don't make 'em like this anymore. The only thing that could make me sell it is if I start having trouble finding parts, which happened to me recently with a piece of rubber trim that just decomposed with age in the L.A. smog.

Great ride (manual transmission), Comfortable interior, Classic looks, Plenty of passenger and cargo room, Low maintenance costs

I wish it had a backup camera or sensor, but in '91 nobody did. A bit more power in the A/C would be nice, it takes a few minutes to cool a hot car.