1991 Acura Legend Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:
Time to part...
By vasyliy on 06/06/13 01:44 AM (PDT)

1991 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

This is the sturdiest car I've ever owned. I abuse it everyday and it still runs like a monster. The transmission is jerky, but that's my fault. I accelerate by pressing the pedal to the metal. It's really expensive to repair and parts are hard to find. Gas mileage is about 12 miles per gallon ( how I drive ). Overall it's really comfortable, the exterior is really nice as well.

one of the best
By rochkram on 01/18/12 06:17 AM (PST)

1991 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

i think this legand is the greatest built smooth ride good on gas and fast i drove this acura to florida from ny a 24 hour ride according to mapquest.com did it in 16 hours thats stoping for gas and pizza hut so figure you figure out how fast we were going,as only one issue was the fuel lines rusted out i fixed myself dealer fix 1200.00 if you have problems in the snow put your car in 2nd gear at the stop lights you will be amazed how much easier it is to take off , you will stay right with the 4 wheel drive trucks 225,000mile and still looks great one small rust spot behind back tire about the size of a quarter 22 years old check you toyota for rust lol

Hands down, best car EVER! Case closed
By tre91acura on 04/16/10 06:31 AM (PDT)

1991 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

Hello all. This review is all you need to read. Straight to the point. The 1991 Acura Legend L is a superb ride. Mine is showing some wear and tear, inside and out, but that due to me and my neglect. If you can get one in decent condition, get it, join the club. I get people asking me to sell it to them often, so that tell you how awesome this car is @ 19 years old. I do not drive my Legend daily due to crazy city traffic and have another car for that purpose. Everyone that have a Acura Legend, lets restore it, maintain it and keep it looking and running in pristine condition. Do not sell yours, well, I'm not selling mine. Good luck with yours.

To the Moon and back...
By Joey the K on 07/30/09 17:49 PM (PDT)

1991 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

289,000 miles and counting. Of course it burns oil & hesitates a little at launch but then it moves like it was new and powers the highways. QUiet inside and solid. Little things have gone like the alarm system that drove me crazy at 3am until I disconnected the horn and re wired it directly to the battery, thereby by passing the defect motherboard. Now when the alarm goes off the 20amp fuse blows for my brake lts so I keep a box in the console. The AC doesn't work anymore and the new refrigerant does not seem to be able to load. Leather shot in the front but hey...it refuses to die and my wife is begging me to put it to sleep! It is so good that it doesn't qualify for Cash 4 Clunkers.

150K and still lovin' it
By Craig on 05/02/09 14:55 PM (PDT)

1991 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I bought this car brand new in 1991 and can't imagine replacing it. It was hard to find because I wanted a stick, but the performance difference is well worth it. I still love it after all these years. This model year was magic. Classic looks, stellar quality, sedan convenience with sports car handling (almost). I've got 150K on it and my mechanic tells me I can expect to double that before I'm through. They just don't make 'em like this anymore. The only thing that could make me sell it is if I start having trouble finding parts, which happened to me recently with a piece of rubber trim that just decomposed with age in the L.A. smog.

Legendary
By rosewood brown on 07/09/07 23:00 PM (PDT)

1991 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

This has been in my family since new. It was my uncle's before it was mine. I now have it past 205,000 and it's still going strong. Some interior components are showing their age, like the leather is going and I have the same minor issues that crop up with Legends of age. Had to replace the CV joints and steering rack boots to pass inspection, a little rust is showing over the rear wheel well. Tuned it up and now runs like new. NO BAD HEAD GASKETS. Not bad for a 16 yo car. 23 mpg mixed driving. Any other '91 can pull that off with 200 hp V6? NOPE. Sometimes I'm tempted to drive our Corolla instead to save gas, but I always grab the Acura keys. Love driving this car. Great car for DIY, too.

The Best Car Ever
By SM Acura Owner on 01/16/06 09:39 AM (PST)

1991 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I cannot say enough. Everytime I go to buy a new car, I end up keeping ol'e reliable. 120,000 miles and still not a problem. Just installed new leather and floor mats. Just a nice now as it was years ago....15 years old and still purr's like a kitten....I look forward to keeping this car forever and driving it as long as she'll keep going... This has to be the greatest car ever built..

Best Car Ever Owned
By WhiteKnight on 12/07/04 04:07 AM (PST)

1991 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

This is a solid, quiet, well-built, reliable luxury automobile that I bought on 12/95 with a little over 59,000 miles. It is fast as I have had it up to 135 mph on three occasions, with plenty of gas pedal left; there was no wind noise and I did not feel like I was going over 80 at that time. It will still run high speeds with no wind noise even though it is almost 14 years old with 148,000 miles.

Love the stick on the LEGEND!
By RVIA on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

I have driven this car for twelve years and just cannot find anything I like as much. Part of the attraction is how good the Acura dealership has been in servicing and repairs: Acura STANDS BEHIND its cars and as far as my experience goes, makes buying almost any other car a very hard move. Classy, roomy, and peppy.

Stupendous
By RBeighle on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new and enjoy it as much today as the day I drove it off the lot. Power, comfort, styling, and economy. Driving it puts a positive spin on your day. Gas mileage consistently runs in the high 20's on regular unleaded, which is only a small sacrific in performance. I have been shopping for a new car only because of its high mileage, but so far nothing compares.