Used 1991 Acura Legend Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

1991 Acura Legend Sedan

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

Time to part...
By vasyliy

1991 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

This is the sturdiest car I've ever owned. I abuse it everyday and it still runs like a monster. The transmission is jerky, but that's my fault. I accelerate by pressing the pedal to the metal. It's really expensive to repair and parts are hard to find. Gas mileage is about 12 miles per gallon ( how I drive ). Overall it's really comfortable, the exterior is really nice as well.

Favorite Features

seats, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

transmission

one of the best
By rochkram

1991 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

i think this legand is the greatest built smooth ride good on gas and fast i drove this acura to florida from ny a 24 hour ride according to mapquest.com did it in 16 hours thats stoping for gas and pizza hut so figure you figure out how fast we were going,as only one issue was the fuel lines rusted out i fixed myself dealer fix 1200.00 if you have problems in the snow put your car in 2nd gear at the stop lights you will be amazed how much easier it is to take off , you will stay right with the 4 wheel drive trucks 225,000mile and still looks great one small rust spot behind back tire about the size of a quarter 22 years old check you toyota for rust lol

Favorite Features

miles dependability lots of room in trunk and seats

Hands down, best car EVER! Case closed
By tre91acura

1991 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

Hello all. This review is all you need to read. Straight to the point. The 1991 Acura Legend L is a superb ride. Mine is showing some wear and tear, inside and out, but that due to me and my neglect. If you can get one in decent condition, get it, join the club. I get people asking me to sell it to them often, so that tell you how awesome this car is @ 19 years old. I do not drive my Legend daily due to crazy city traffic and have another car for that purpose. Everyone that have a Acura Legend, lets restore it, maintain it and keep it looking and running in pristine condition. Do not sell yours, well, I'm not selling mine. Good luck with yours.

Favorite Features

Everything is wonderful. It's not one car from 1990 til 2000 that can touch this car. Amazing and elegant body style. Every feature is on point.

Suggested Improvements

None, listen people, it was built back in 1991, what can you do about that!! Nothing, so stop complaining about some dumb cup holders and fuel economy!

Quarter of a million and counting
By Gobyknows

1991 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

My Legend sat for 2 years before I bought it for $1800. It's previous owner had stopped loving it. A victim of being a divorce asset. With 164k already on the odometer, the 2 year side lining did its damage. However after some detailed cleaning of engine components, and a complete tuneup, it has been the best running, most reliable car I have EVER owned. Mine came with 16 inch Vigor wheels along with new, tall profile touring radials that deliver a superior ride. I like it that small performance tweaks make significant differences with this car. I rolled 250K while cruising at just under 100mph. No amount of money could buy my Legend. It is my Legendary Street Machine.

Favorite Features

Head light shape, flared front fender well lips. Wide stance, top end acceleration, SOLID construction. Engine bay logically laid out. Maintenance and repair ease (which isn't often) Many same size bolts under the hood. I love that this car will cruise at 100mph all day long... EVERYDAY.

Suggested Improvements

installing after market hi-flow air filter, caddy converter, NGK iridium plugs (indexed), new trans filter/fluid with Lucas (mines automatic), New Slotted TPS metered to .96 VDC. New Gates fuel filter. Intake air vortex creator. All this added 42 hp and 11-12 m.p.g. to my Legend's 3.2 v-6s power plant

To the Moon and back...
By Joey the K

1991 Acura Legend Sedan L 4dr Sedan

289,000 miles and counting. Of course it burns oil & hesitates a little at launch but then it moves like it was new and powers the highways. QUiet inside and solid. Little things have gone like the alarm system that drove me crazy at 3am until I disconnected the horn and re wired it directly to the battery, thereby by passing the defect motherboard. Now when the alarm goes off the 20amp fuse blows for my brake lts so I keep a box in the console. The AC doesn't work anymore and the new refrigerant does not seem to be able to load. Leather shot in the front but hey...it refuses to die and my wife is begging me to put it to sleep! It is so good that it doesn't qualify for Cash 4 Clunkers.

Favorite Features

Power. quiet ride, solid doors, comfort, moonroof...

Suggested Improvements

Headroom, cup holders, jacuzzi