Used 1991 Acura Legend Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Acura Legend Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

Best car I've owned yet.
By sledder

1991 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

I bought this car a few months ago and after replacing a few parts such as the main relay (seems to be a problem on a lot of Hondas and Acuras), the speed sensor and a couple other small parts. The car is awesome. It's been my daily driver pretty much since I bought it and I love every minute of it. The handling is unbelievable, handles better than any other affordable car I've driven. The performance is great, especially on the highway. The interior is showing some wear (dash has cracks, leather seats are cracking). It still rides great. I recommend this car to anyone that is looking at buying a cheap, reliable car. You may have to spend some $ to get it in top shape, but it'll be worth it.

Handling. Performance. Body shape. Rare car.

More aftermarket parts.

Hitting the salvage yard with fond memories
By Acura Impressed

1991 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

A stud of a car and I'm still happy I purchased it those years ago. A powerful, fast car both on the freeway and off the line. Timeless lines and style; before the paint started fading people asked about it thinking it was a newer model car. Only in the last couple year have I started to nickel and dime for small things. After a fender bender though, the insurance has deemed it an economic total -- transmission and engine are still strong with 160,000 miles on it.

Reliability -- only 3 times did I have an issue and two were battery related. Looks-- I added some rims and it looked sexier than it already is.

If I was to buy this car again I would look at electrical -- alarm got weird, doors locks, and turn signals were tweaky. Leather seats started tearing at seams way too soon. And of course, cup holders.

18 Years old! Luxury, Power, Comfort
By 1991KA8

1991 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

Fell in love with my Legend as soon as I bought. Reliability with comfort along with luxury and power. What more can you ask for? You'll be lucky if you will find another great car like this ever again. First and last car. Guaranteed that is how you will feel.

3.2 V6 engine with 200 Horsepower, STOCK! It's a Honda motor therefore will last forever till the day it goes away. Coupe windows go down! Easy to fix if you have the right parts. Interior is fantastic! Love the great leather. Great overall performance.

The dreaded Head Gasket problem that arises if you don't take care of your Legend. NO CUP HOLDERS IN L TRIM! Estimated 18/25 Mpg. Little room in back seats for bigger passengers. Sometimes hard to find parts. Main relay usually prevents car from starting if circuit goes bad. No VTEC.

One of the great Hondas
By nate

1991 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

I truly love my 91 Legend Coupe. Sure, it can't go 0-60 in six flat, and maybe the mpg is a little low for $3.00 a gallon, but it's worth it. Simply driving it around town is fun, compared to some other beaters I've driven. You get it on the highway and it's like a dream; solid as a rock. Performance, however, is not what you would expect from 200 hp, but I'm pretty sure that's due to the weight and the transmission design (automatic). It is truly the kind of Honda that you hear about, the ones that have 125k+ miles and run better than most late model American cars. My advice: if you can find one of these with life left in it, buy it.

Exterior looks, handling and suspension.

The automatic transmission is a little archaic, and in my opinion robs performance and comfort, yet is still reliable.

Great Car
By wolfpack770

1991 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

Inherited this car from my father, who has owned an 86 legend, a 92 four door legend, this 91 coupe, and a 2003 RL. I think he still misses this car, even though his RL is nice. Still get comments from people at stoplights, gas stations, etc. I can't think of another 1991 that would still make heads turn. Drives great, reliable, fast enough, wonderful car. I've been saying for years they should have continued making these.

styling, engine, reliability

more usable back seat, cupholder, no real complaints - wonderful car for one that is 14 years old