1991 Acura Legend LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

1991 Legend Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

Sort Reviews by

Quarter of a million and counting
By Gobyknows

1991 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

My Legend sat for 2 years before I bought it for $1800. It's previous owner had stopped loving it. A victim of being a divorce asset. With 164k already on the odometer, the 2 year side lining did its damage. However after some detailed cleaning of engine components, and a complete tuneup, it has been the best running, most reliable car I have EVER owned. Mine came with 16 inch Vigor wheels along with new, tall profile touring radials that deliver a superior ride. I like it that small performance tweaks make significant differences with this car. I rolled 250K while cruising at just under 100mph. No amount of money could buy my Legend. It is my Legendary Street Machine.

Favorite Features

Head light shape, flared front fender well lips. Wide stance, top end acceleration, SOLID construction. Engine bay logically laid out. Maintenance and repair ease (which isn't often) Many same size bolts under the hood. I love that this car will cruise at 100mph all day long... EVERYDAY.

Suggested Improvements

installing after market hi-flow air filter, caddy converter, NGK iridium plugs (indexed), new trans filter/fluid with Lucas (mines automatic), New Slotted TPS metered to .96 VDC. New Gates fuel filter. Intake air vortex creator. All this added 42 hp and 11-12 m.p.g. to my Legend's 3.2 v-6s power plant

Fast car but un-reliable
By zanebrant

1991 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

This car is very fast and fun to drive. It also has a lot of interior space and pretty comfy in general. The sound system and electronics are high quality. The "leather" seats have quickly become ripped and torn. And the cooling system has given me many problems, it is always springing leaks or just generally not cooling well.

Favorite Features

speed, handling, space, luxury

Suggested Improvements

cooling system, leather

After18 years it's been a good one!
By Stacey

1991 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in 1991. It has been the best car ever. At 18 years of age it still looks brand new. Classic styling never looks old. My oldest son has been driving it the last 7 years and it now has well over 200K miles on it. It still runs great... a testament to what great engineering and meticulous upkeep will get you. One word about the lack of cup holders. In 1991 they didn't have cup holders in cars other than minivans!

Favorite Features

Great looks. Bose sound system. Reliability. Smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of!

The best car ever!
By Legend LOVER!!!

1991 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

We got our '91 Legend sedan in 2002. Since then we have had basically 0 problems. I love the design of this car inside and out! Extremely fun to drive! Very powerful car. A timeless beauty. Amazing car!

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof tilt, K&N intake

91 Legend LS Sedan
By 91 Legend Fan

1991 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

Purchased used in 1998 with 67K miles 5 speed manual trans not auto. I am the second owner. Clutch was replaced at 60K miles by previous owner. Vehicle currently has 118K miles and still runs like new. Exterior still has mirror shine with the exception of bubble spots above rear wheel well and around windshield. No rust, just bubbles. The bubbles were there when I bought the vehicle. Quality interior: no cup holders, but this was designed as a sports sedan not a family vehicle. Carpet, floor mats, and upholstery still looks like new. Bose stereo ok. Easy to replace with aftermarket if you desire. If you are considering buying one you will not be disappointed. MPG 22 city/29 highway premium.

Favorite Features

Quiet engine, handling, horsepower to weight ratio. It is easy to reach 120+ mph before you know it! Comfortable seats. Peace of mind knowing that this vehicle will last another sixteen plus years with regular maintenance. Honda dealers can perform maintenance on this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Any improvements were addressed and implemented on future Acura models. This vehicle is easy to maintain for the backyard mechanic, yet elegant enough to drive that special someone to a romantic night on the town. If you are in the market for a good first or commuter vehicle you cannot go wrong here

Best car ever made
By David

1991 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

Bought the car as the second owner and have never regretted it! Car has power and style. Never fails to get me where I need to go. Now has over 175k miles on it and still going very strong!

Favorite Features

Engine, exterior and interior styling.

Suggested Improvements

Bose system not as good as I would expect and the car needs CUPHOLDERS!! Also fuel mileage not that great about 20 mpg (hard driving may have something to do with that!!)

honda/acura's best car ever
By marcus

1991 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a private seller back in march '03. It was a little beat up on the inside, but it ran like a jewel. I had to replace some things mainly due to age - at that point it was 11 and now its 14 and runs better than ever. The interior design is better than a lot of younger cars on the road today and the exterior design is timeless. People mistake my '91 for a 2000 or 2002! The Bose system was okay I soon replaced it after I bought it just because I wanted to and I couldn't add any subs or anything to the system without blowing the speakers. Other than that the car is an absolute gem. Highly recommend this for a first car for a teenager.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel audio controls! Courtesy lights. The rear tail lights. Driver seat memory. Power mirrors. The miniature sun visor over the rear-view mirror.

Suggested Improvements

This car came sans a tilt and telescopic steering column and cupholder which is odd, but dont take away from the overall experience. You can add cupholders anyway ;)

Nu hotness still in effect
By Kevin_Gthype

1991 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

I've been fascinated with Acura Legends since 1994. Even though I have a 91, it still performs like a later model. The car is 13 years old but it drives like brand new. I got a deal with it. In fact the night before. It was broken into, but they weren't even able to steel it due to the coded radio and alarm. Mercedes, Bmw , Audi ,and all those other luxury cars can't touch this car. It lives up to it's name. With performance and style it's truly a legend. My suggestion get one and feel the power.

Favorite Features

I got a lot of love for the cd changer, the heated mirrors, the bose sound system, o yeah memory seats. The whip appeal it offers. O yeah the ladies love it.

Suggested Improvements

heated seats, the usuall cupholders, and more available parts that are cheaper.

Awesome
By Kalieb

1991 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

Great car with only 66000 miles on it.

AWESOME CAR
By TANK

FUN TO DRIVE VERY FAST FOR THE PRICE

Favorite Features

THE SPEED BABY

Suggested Improvements

NEEDS BETTER SPEAKERS