Used 1991 Acura Legend LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

Simply amazing vehicle
By professorbryce

1991 Acura Legend LS 2dr Coupe

This car is great! The engine is very powerful and it is very luxurious. Hard to find any car this good without a 3 pointed star on the hood! 3 of my motor mounts went bad and it cost $700 to replace them, but the car is now running like new with 166000 miles. Also beware of cooling issues. The engine cooling system can act very weird sometimes. Parts are expensive but this car is worth every penny you put into it. Even with the problems ive had, its never left my stranded.

The engine is smooth under light loads, but is a monster when you open it up. Interior is as good as any 2004 vehicle. I could drive the car for days on end and not get tired.

The gas mileage could be better. Premium fuel burns up quickly. Back seat passsengers should be a short trip affair due to lack of legroom.

Love My Legend
By Ernestine Dixon

1991 Acura Legend LS 2dr Coupe

I am the second owner I have really enjoyed my Legend. I did not like the alarm system I had to have it disconnected it would go off with for no apparent reason. I do miss not having a cup holder.

Radio/Stereo Systems

Need to improve Alarm System and no cup holder provided. Electrical systems my seat went out could not adjust.

had an '86 for 200,000 mi., wanted more
By markyg

1991 Acura Legend LS 2dr Coupe

After 14 years of driving an '86 Legend, I was convinced of Acura quality (engine still ran perfectly). I shopped for 4 months and bought a '91 coupe w/ 32K mi. Looks, feels & drives like a new car. Many people assume it's a brand new car. Unbelieveable for a 12 year old car.

Appearance, dependability, durability, comfort, quality design, quality service from dealer. Best make of car I've ever owned.

I suspect newer models get better mileage. 20 mpg isn't all that great these days.

Fastest Coupe On The Road
By bdawg

1991 Acura Legend LS 2dr Coupe

I bought an Acura Legend LS Coupe about a month ago. This is the best car I have ever ridden in. The seats are pimpin and sit low. The engine in this car can not be stopped. I timed it 0-60 in a little under 6 seconds. It will hit 130 in 4th gear(wonder what 5th will do), so if you want something that is fast and reliable, then buy an Acura Legend b/c it will go and last.

the front end looks awesome, the engine is fast and fabolous, the driver's side seat adjusts mechanically w/ buttons not manually

it would be nice if the backseat went forward so you could get to the trunk for working on sound systems, but other than that the car is great

BEAUTY
By FJM

1991 Acura Legend LS 2dr Coupe

Still turns heads everywhere I go. Very smooth ride. Lots of power if you need it.

Great timeless design! Looks as good as anything out there. Love those front ligths. Should have been designed just a bit smaller.

Smaller, less cruiser, more sports oriented would have been smarter.