1991 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:
Time to part...
By vasyliy on 06/06/13 01:44 AM (PDT)

1991 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

This is the sturdiest car I've ever owned. I abuse it everyday and it still runs like a monster. The transmission is jerky, but that's my fault. I accelerate by pressing the pedal to the metal. It's really expensive to repair and parts are hard to find. Gas mileage is about 12 miles per gallon ( how I drive ). Overall it's really comfortable, the exterior is really nice as well.

Best car I've owned yet.
By sledder on 07/30/12 18:45 PM (PDT)

1991 Acura Legend L 2dr Coupe

I bought this car a few months ago and after replacing a few parts such as the main relay (seems to be a problem on a lot of Hondas and Acuras), the speed sensor and a couple other small parts. The car is awesome. It's been my daily driver pretty much since I bought it and I love every minute of it. The handling is unbelievable, handles better than any other affordable car I've driven. The performance is great, especially on the highway. The interior is showing some wear (dash has cracks, leather seats are cracking). It still rides great. I recommend this car to anyone that is looking at buying a cheap, reliable car. You may have to spend some $ to get it in top shape, but it'll be worth it.

one of the best
By rochkram on 01/18/12 06:17 AM (PST)

1991 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

i think this legand is the greatest built smooth ride good on gas and fast i drove this acura to florida from ny a 24 hour ride according to mapquest.com did it in 16 hours thats stoping for gas and pizza hut so figure you figure out how fast we were going,as only one issue was the fuel lines rusted out i fixed myself dealer fix 1200.00 if you have problems in the snow put your car in 2nd gear at the stop lights you will be amazed how much easier it is to take off , you will stay right with the 4 wheel drive trucks 225,000mile and still looks great one small rust spot behind back tire about the size of a quarter 22 years old check you toyota for rust lol

Hitting the salvage yard with fond memories
By Acura Impressed on 04/29/10 13:17 PM (PDT)

1991 Acura Legend L 2dr Coupe

A stud of a car and I'm still happy I purchased it those years ago. A powerful, fast car both on the freeway and off the line. Timeless lines and style; before the paint started fading people asked about it thinking it was a newer model car. Only in the last couple year have I started to nickel and dime for small things. After a fender bender though, the insurance has deemed it an economic total -- transmission and engine are still strong with 160,000 miles on it.

Hands down, best car EVER! Case closed
By tre91acura on 04/16/10 06:31 AM (PDT)

1991 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

Hello all. This review is all you need to read. Straight to the point. The 1991 Acura Legend L is a superb ride. Mine is showing some wear and tear, inside and out, but that due to me and my neglect. If you can get one in decent condition, get it, join the club. I get people asking me to sell it to them often, so that tell you how awesome this car is @ 19 years old. I do not drive my Legend daily due to crazy city traffic and have another car for that purpose. Everyone that have a Acura Legend, lets restore it, maintain it and keep it looking and running in pristine condition. Do not sell yours, well, I'm not selling mine. Good luck with yours.

Quarter of a million and counting
By Gobyknows on 10/05/09 00:50 AM (PDT)

1991 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

My Legend sat for 2 years before I bought it for $1800. It's previous owner had stopped loving it. A victim of being a divorce asset. With 164k already on the odometer, the 2 year side lining did its damage. However after some detailed cleaning of engine components, and a complete tuneup, it has been the best running, most reliable car I have EVER owned. Mine came with 16 inch Vigor wheels along with new, tall profile touring radials that deliver a superior ride. I like it that small performance tweaks make significant differences with this car. I rolled 250K while cruising at just under 100mph. No amount of money could buy my Legend. It is my Legendary Street Machine.

18 Years old! Luxury, Power, Comfort
By 1991KA8 on 09/18/09 09:08 AM (PDT)

1991 Acura Legend L 2dr Coupe

Fell in love with my Legend as soon as I bought. Reliability with comfort along with luxury and power. What more can you ask for? You'll be lucky if you will find another great car like this ever again. First and last car. Guaranteed that is how you will feel.

To the Moon and back...
By Joey the K on 07/30/09 17:49 PM (PDT)

1991 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

289,000 miles and counting. Of course it burns oil & hesitates a little at launch but then it moves like it was new and powers the highways. QUiet inside and solid. Little things have gone like the alarm system that drove me crazy at 3am until I disconnected the horn and re wired it directly to the battery, thereby by passing the defect motherboard. Now when the alarm goes off the 20amp fuse blows for my brake lts so I keep a box in the console. The AC doesn't work anymore and the new refrigerant does not seem to be able to load. Leather shot in the front but hey...it refuses to die and my wife is begging me to put it to sleep! It is so good that it doesn't qualify for Cash 4 Clunkers.

Trustworthy
By leller on 06/28/09 15:36 PM (PDT)

1991 Acura Legend 4dr Sedan

I've never been stranded in my Legend. Now with 255,000 miles on it, still running strong. Finally had to fix air conditioner at 250K. Other than that the car is a gem.

Fast car but un-reliable
By zanebrant on 05/18/09 18:07 PM (PDT)

1991 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

This car is very fast and fun to drive. It also has a lot of interior space and pretty comfy in general. The sound system and electronics are high quality. The "leather" seats have quickly become ripped and torn. And the cooling system has given me many problems, it is always springing leaks or just generally not cooling well.