Used 1991 Acura Legend Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

Time to part...
By vasyliy

1991 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

This is the sturdiest car I've ever owned. I abuse it everyday and it still runs like a monster. The transmission is jerky, but that's my fault. I accelerate by pressing the pedal to the metal. It's really expensive to repair and parts are hard to find. Gas mileage is about 12 miles per gallon ( how I drive ). Overall it's really comfortable, the exterior is really nice as well.

seats, reliability.

transmission

Best car I've owned yet.
By sledder

1991 Acura Legend L 2dr Coupe

I bought this car a few months ago and after replacing a few parts such as the main relay (seems to be a problem on a lot of Hondas and Acuras), the speed sensor and a couple other small parts. The car is awesome. It's been my daily driver pretty much since I bought it and I love every minute of it. The handling is unbelievable, handles better than any other affordable car I've driven. The performance is great, especially on the highway. The interior is showing some wear (dash has cracks, leather seats are cracking). It still rides great. I recommend this car to anyone that is looking at buying a cheap, reliable car. You may have to spend some $ to get it in top shape, but it'll be worth it.

Handling. Performance. Body shape. Rare car.

More aftermarket parts.

one of the best
By rochkram

1991 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

i think this legand is the greatest built smooth ride good on gas and fast i drove this acura to florida from ny a 24 hour ride according to mapquest.com did it in 16 hours thats stoping for gas and pizza hut so figure you figure out how fast we were going,as only one issue was the fuel lines rusted out i fixed myself dealer fix 1200.00 if you have problems in the snow put your car in 2nd gear at the stop lights you will be amazed how much easier it is to take off , you will stay right with the 4 wheel drive trucks 225,000mile and still looks great one small rust spot behind back tire about the size of a quarter 22 years old check you toyota for rust lol

miles dependability lots of room in trunk and seats

Hitting the salvage yard with fond memories
By Acura Impressed

1991 Acura Legend L 2dr Coupe

A stud of a car and I'm still happy I purchased it those years ago. A powerful, fast car both on the freeway and off the line. Timeless lines and style; before the paint started fading people asked about it thinking it was a newer model car. Only in the last couple year have I started to nickel and dime for small things. After a fender bender though, the insurance has deemed it an economic total -- transmission and engine are still strong with 160,000 miles on it.

Reliability -- only 3 times did I have an issue and two were battery related. Looks-- I added some rims and it looked sexier than it already is.

If I was to buy this car again I would look at electrical -- alarm got weird, doors locks, and turn signals were tweaky. Leather seats started tearing at seams way too soon. And of course, cup holders.

Hands down, best car EVER! Case closed
By tre91acura

1991 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

Hello all. This review is all you need to read. Straight to the point. The 1991 Acura Legend L is a superb ride. Mine is showing some wear and tear, inside and out, but that due to me and my neglect. If you can get one in decent condition, get it, join the club. I get people asking me to sell it to them often, so that tell you how awesome this car is @ 19 years old. I do not drive my Legend daily due to crazy city traffic and have another car for that purpose. Everyone that have a Acura Legend, lets restore it, maintain it and keep it looking and running in pristine condition. Do not sell yours, well, I'm not selling mine. Good luck with yours.

Everything is wonderful. It's not one car from 1990 til 2000 that can touch this car. Amazing and elegant body style. Every feature is on point.

None, listen people, it was built back in 1991, what can you do about that!! Nothing, so stop complaining about some dumb cup holders and fuel economy!