1990 Acura Legend Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:
Good deal for 113k $1,400 in 2003
By Misha on 07/29/10 16:03 PM (PDT)

1990 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Still driving having put 10k on this beauty over 7 years, and little more than new tires, brakes and occasional battery or filter. Poor mileage (23 hwy) when driven to Calgary, Canada in January 2004, but otherwise perfect, esp. over Montana. Five-speed manual offers great handling and leather/electric everything is superb. Needs some body work, but only drive in summers, so no problem. G

The best car for the money!
By ikeberry on 02/07/07 07:12 AM (PST)

1990 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when it had 245,000 miles. I have continued to drive it without any major problems. It now has 279K. The car is 17 years old and still is holding up to the New York winters. Little exterior rust. Interior leather has not held up good through the years, cracked and needs to be covered over. Engine still has some get up and go in it.

Great Overall Car
By Melissa on 03/11/05 20:53 PM (PST)

1990 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Acura when I decided to go back to school and didnt want a car payment. I bought it outright from the dealer and have to say Ive never been disappointed! For a 15 yr old car, it handles well, accelerates quickly, is good on gas, requires little maintenance (mostly wear and tear stuff) and looks brand new after a wash and wax! Out of all the cars Ive owned, this surprisingly is one of my favorites (and I've had quite a few!) I was thinking of selling and buying a new car, but it's hard to part with something so comfortable and reliable that still looks so good. For a car that I bought on a whim, Ive been pleasantly surprised at what a great value it has been...

Solid, Competent Luxury Sedan
By Craig528 on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from its original owners about 1.5 years ago--since driven it 44,000 miles (total of 194,000). Rides well, very fast--hard to cruise at less than 80 mph. Acceleration is authoritative. The car handles passably at a modest pace, but front wheel drive discourages enthusiastic driving. Quality of interior materials is excellent. Control layout and gauges are superb, simple to operate. The seats are comfortable and supportive. DO NOT expect parts to be cheap for these cars--many parts are now special- order. On the other hand, this car has never left me stranded.

PITA
By Ralph Schwartz on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This car has always been a minor pain - 2 climate control sampler fans ($), light switch ($$), transmission control module ($$$), power antenna quit. Then all hell broke loose last year - transmission rebuild ($3.000!!) Didn't have another car ready, so had work done. Now it's making a noise which might be a pinion bearing (would be major $ again), and the radio has stopped completely (no power to it at all). The leather is definitely sub- standard, and has worn poorly, for what this car cost me when new.

CA's Acura
By CA on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Wonderful, reliable car. Good looking, head turner. Maintenance requirements minimal. Good fuel economy for luxury sedan.

Almost the perfect car.
By Nergal on 04/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Im a new driver, my legend is my first car, got it at 100k miles for $4k, it was a little under book value at the time but for what you get i wudve paid more. When i first got it I was amazed by the acceleration, but i quickly got used to it and now wish it was faster :). I love the status display, especially the miles remaining, quite useful for a jobless teen always low on gas :P. There is hardly anything i can find wrong with the car other than the back seats dont fold down. Handles great, youd never guess my tires passed inspection marginally. Low and wide, this is how cars should still be made.

Great Car
By maggie, jr on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

An outstanding design and even better performance. For the 13 years I owned this car, avarage maintenance cost was about $1500 per year. This car has 176000 miles and expected to make another 50000, at least.

Great Car
By Great Car on 11/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This is such a great car. Its finally gone after 175,000 miles. I have a friend who same year Acura is pushing over 200,000. Very reliable. Isnt very expensive to fix. GREAT JOB HONDA

Very Happy!
By C Powers on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Acura Legend Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I really enjoy my Acura. It is comfortable, roomy, and really gets up and goes. The only problem I have had has been due to a faulty electronic board and also that there are no cup holders.