Used 1990 Acura Legend LS Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

One of the best cars ever made
By T-Bone

1990 Acura Legend Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

When I bought the car it had 213,000 miles on it, original engine and trans. It runs like a dream still. I just passed the smog test. The car has 226,000 miles on it now and I've had no trouble at all(knock on wood). I haven't even done a tune up yet. IMO this is one of the best cars ever made. It just keeps going! This will be the car I compare all others to.

Favorite Features

power sunroof windows seats and locks. The digital displays.

Suggested Improvements

CUP HOLDERS WOULD BE NICE THOUGH. It's the only flaw I've detected so far.

Very nice car!
By Molly

1990 Acura Legend Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 200000 miles on it and it is still running very well at 220000. Great first car! Not the greatest mpg (22-23) but it is V6. It handles very well and still can beat a newer car in a race! I'm going to be very sad when it dies, but then again it still wants to run, I don't know many cars that will top 220000 miles and stil be running as well as it is now! Wonderful car I can't imagine driving anything else!!

Favorite Features

The engine still has that powerful sound

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders

EXCELLENT VEHICLE!
By PETER

1990 Acura Legend Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I bought the car about 2 years ago with 183K miles. It has given excellent service for a 15 year car. The car is in fair shape. I replaced timing belt a year ago it was the original according to the mechanic. Great car!

Favorite Features

Peppy in acceleration decent gas mileage (26 avg).

Suggested Improvements

Leather, cup holders, better sealing rubber in moon roof (leaks a little when it rains).

One of the Best
By Spectromen

1990 Acura Legend Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I truly think this is still Acura's best car ever. I bought it at 120K in 2001 and have had to do plenty of maintenance, but there was nothing out of the ordinary. It's true, dealer parts are expensive but they last, and there's usually alternate parts for the major systems too. As much as I love the TLs and RLs, I just can't bring myself to let go of this one until it dies, and even then, it'll be a sad day.

Favorite Features

Responsive engine, perfect suspension, reliability, exterior styling, MPG around 24 (5 speed model)

Suggested Improvements

Paint doesn't last as long as some others, cup holders should have been mandatory, even in 1990, and that's about it

Fun but expensive
By slindenbaum

1990 Acura Legend Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I bought it with 45,000 miles on it. It is fun to drive but have had repeated problems with the ABS system. Replaced rear window regulators (left one twice), steering rack, distributor, and numerous other parts over years. Now paint is shot and leather front seats are severly cracked. Spending $1000+ annually. Am replacing it with a 3.2CL-S 6-speed.

Favorite Features

Love the perfformance and styling. Can still put you in the seat. 5-speed is a definite improvement over automatic.

Suggested Improvements

Need bette plastic parts (Like the pieces that break on the rear window regulators).