1990 Acura Legend Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:
An Old Dear Friend
By hotrod419fl on 05/25/10 16:10 PM (PDT)

1990 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

This is a love story and a cry for help. She's a 1989 white coupe, sleek, lovely, the best looking car ever. Got her new for 25K and fell in love. She still glides swiftly from one lane to the next on command..no drift, no lean, stable and sure-footed. 279,500 miles, purrs like a kitten except for noisy valve lifters. She lost her A/C last week, a $1,200 repair and, well, this is Florida. A recent fender bender would add another grand. Can't bear to put her down, but if I don't and she decides enough is enough herself? How can I bear parting? And God forbid, what if someone picks up, does her right, and I see her again as she once was. I couldn't take that. What should I do? Help!

Old car for Young driver
By bensterk on 12/30/09 18:00 PM (PST)

1990 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

My grandmother purchased this car used When I got my license she gave it to me. It currently has 171,000 miles. We have had some problems with it. For example, the starter went out and left me stranded at taco bell. Head seal broken which leaks oil on the engine which smokes= embarrassing. We had to get the Alarm system deactivated because it kept going off. Also, the ABS breaks are completely broken. But, this car can be so fun to drive, light steering and great throttle response. Seats are comfortable. The ride is very comfortable over normal conditions yet it can still be sporty. All in all a very fun car full of vigor and character.

old friend
By brycerdd on 03/08/05 18:27 PM (PST)

1990 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

I purchased the 1990 Acura Legend coupe new; service has exceeded manufacturer's recommendations. This has been the most durable auto I have owned (and that includes some nice cars: Alfa Romeo,BMW, Porsche). One significant repair in 133k (slave cylinder on clutch), even after fairly spirited driving. Strongest points: durability, comfort, quality of design and materials. Weakpoints: acceleration, weight/powerratio, cornering, dealer service costs. Those weaknesses, IMO, do not keep the car from being one I can highly recommend. For what it's worth--.

Beautiful, Dependable Car
By mrs_rockefeller on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used in 1992 with 12,000 miles on it. I put probably 50,000 miles on it in the next 3 years, but now work out of my home, so put very little mileage on it presently. It has always been great fun to drive, and the styling is so nice that I can't tell you how many offers I have of people wanting to buy it -- even now! The best part though, is that this car has never EVER been in the shop for anything other than scheduled maintenance. It has never broken down and left me stranded somewhere, or failed to start on a cold winter morning.

A Pleasure to Own
By nolaming on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

This car was purchased from someone who had obviously maintained it well, so it was in great condition. I have put 40,000 miles on it so far and have had the normal issues with a 10-13 year old car(radiator,a/c,c/v boots,etc.) However, this is fundamentally a solid car with good power that is fun to drive. I highly recommend it!

They can't all be winners
By ceo_mr_man on 08/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

Every time I drive this car, I wish I hadn't bought it. It had 145,000 miles, so I expected to make some repairs. I've replaced the motor, the master cylinder, the alternator, the radio, some calipers, and inumerable other things. It's on its third transmission. The power seat is stuck, the seat memory broke, the ABS motor is shot, the power windows are broken, and the power antenna is stuck down. The A/C compressor is dead, the vent only vents hot air, and the car reeks of exhaust when the windows are down, as they have to be, given the above problems. There are too many more things wrong with this car to list. Oh, and it's rusting out badly.

Best used to car to buy
By jd's1990coupe on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

The car has been great. Ive added plenty of mods to it for fun purposes but the stock parts never failed. All that the thing requires is regular maintenance and a car cover [That Texas Sun fades paint fast]. The 5spd is great to drive: fun, fast, handles well. My only knock on it is that gas mileage isnt great for the size/weight of the car and it being a 2.7L [23mpg]. Parts are more expensive to replace than say, domestic cars but they last longer too.