1990 Acura Legend Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:
An Old Dear Friend
By hotrod419fl on 05/25/10 16:10 PM (PDT)

1990 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

This is a love story and a cry for help. She's a 1989 white coupe, sleek, lovely, the best looking car ever. Got her new for 25K and fell in love. She still glides swiftly from one lane to the next on command..no drift, no lean, stable and sure-footed. 279,500 miles, purrs like a kitten except for noisy valve lifters. She lost her A/C last week, a $1,200 repair and, well, this is Florida. A recent fender bender would add another grand. Can't bear to put her down, but if I don't and she decides enough is enough herself? How can I bear parting? And God forbid, what if someone picks up, does her right, and I see her again as she once was. I couldn't take that. What should I do? Help!

One of the best cars ever made
By T-Bone on 02/18/10 21:16 PM (PST)

1990 Acura Legend Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

When I bought the car it had 213,000 miles on it, original engine and trans. It runs like a dream still. I just passed the smog test. The car has 226,000 miles on it now and I've had no trouble at all(knock on wood). I haven't even done a tune up yet. IMO this is one of the best cars ever made. It just keeps going! This will be the car I compare all others to.

Old car for Young driver
By bensterk on 12/30/09 18:00 PM (PST)

1990 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

My grandmother purchased this car used When I got my license she gave it to me. It currently has 171,000 miles. We have had some problems with it. For example, the starter went out and left me stranded at taco bell. Head seal broken which leaks oil on the engine which smokes= embarrassing. We had to get the Alarm system deactivated because it kept going off. Also, the ABS breaks are completely broken. But, this car can be so fun to drive, light steering and great throttle response. Seats are comfortable. The ride is very comfortable over normal conditions yet it can still be sporty. All in all a very fun car full of vigor and character.

Very nice car!
By Molly on 05/01/08 14:36 PM (PDT)

1990 Acura Legend Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 200000 miles on it and it is still running very well at 220000. Great first car! Not the greatest mpg (22-23) but it is V6. It handles very well and still can beat a newer car in a race! I'm going to be very sad when it dies, but then again it still wants to run, I don't know many cars that will top 220000 miles and stil be running as well as it is now! Wonderful car I can't imagine driving anything else!!

Legend lives up to name
By Acura on 04/03/08 19:31 PM (PDT)

1990 Acura Legend Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought the car at a steal, $1000.00 So far the only things wrong with it are the cruise control, a loose rear view mirror,and a loose drivers side mirror. It moves great and is fun to drive, buy one if you can find one.

EXCELLENT VEHICLE!
By PETER on 07/11/05 21:22 PM (PDT)

1990 Acura Legend Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I bought the car about 2 years ago with 183K miles. It has given excellent service for a 15 year car. The car is in fair shape. I replaced timing belt a year ago it was the original according to the mechanic. Great car!

One of the Best
By Spectromen on 03/28/05 17:22 PM (PST)

1990 Acura Legend Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I truly think this is still Acura's best car ever. I bought it at 120K in 2001 and have had to do plenty of maintenance, but there was nothing out of the ordinary. It's true, dealer parts are expensive but they last, and there's usually alternate parts for the major systems too. As much as I love the TLs and RLs, I just can't bring myself to let go of this one until it dies, and even then, it'll be a sad day.

old friend
By brycerdd on 03/08/05 18:27 PM (PST)

1990 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

I purchased the 1990 Acura Legend coupe new; service has exceeded manufacturer's recommendations. This has been the most durable auto I have owned (and that includes some nice cars: Alfa Romeo,BMW, Porsche). One significant repair in 133k (slave cylinder on clutch), even after fairly spirited driving. Strongest points: durability, comfort, quality of design and materials. Weakpoints: acceleration, weight/powerratio, cornering, dealer service costs. Those weaknesses, IMO, do not keep the car from being one I can highly recommend. For what it's worth--.

Oh what a car
By yoji6365 on 12/03/04 19:32 PM (PST)

1990 Acura Legend Coupe 2dr Coupe

Beautiful car, nice ride, but as with most high end cars, a pricey maintenance bill. But it won't break down and leave you stranded in the snow.

Fun but expensive
By slindenbaum on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Acura Legend Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I bought it with 45,000 miles on it. It is fun to drive but have had repeated problems with the ABS system. Replaced rear window regulators (left one twice), steering rack, distributor, and numerous other parts over years. Now paint is shot and leather front seats are severly cracked. Spending $1000+ annually. Am replacing it with a 3.2CL-S 6-speed.