Used 1990 Acura Legend Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:

An Old Dear Friend
By hotrod419fl

1990 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

This is a love story and a cry for help. She's a 1989 white coupe, sleek, lovely, the best looking car ever. Got her new for 25K and fell in love. She still glides swiftly from one lane to the next on command..no drift, no lean, stable and sure-footed. 279,500 miles, purrs like a kitten except for noisy valve lifters. She lost her A/C last week, a $1,200 repair and, well, this is Florida. A recent fender bender would add another grand. Can't bear to put her down, but if I don't and she decides enough is enough herself? How can I bear parting? And God forbid, what if someone picks up, does her right, and I see her again as she once was. I couldn't take that. What should I do? Help!

One of the best cars ever made
By T-Bone

1990 Acura Legend Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

When I bought the car it had 213,000 miles on it, original engine and trans. It runs like a dream still. I just passed the smog test. The car has 226,000 miles on it now and I've had no trouble at all(knock on wood). I haven't even done a tune up yet. IMO this is one of the best cars ever made. It just keeps going! This will be the car I compare all others to.

Favorite Features

power sunroof windows seats and locks. The digital displays.

Suggested Improvements

CUP HOLDERS WOULD BE NICE THOUGH. It's the only flaw I've detected so far.

Old car for Young driver
By bensterk

1990 Acura Legend Coupe L 2dr Coupe

My grandmother purchased this car used When I got my license she gave it to me. It currently has 171,000 miles. We have had some problems with it. For example, the starter went out and left me stranded at taco bell. Head seal broken which leaks oil on the engine which smokes= embarrassing. We had to get the Alarm system deactivated because it kept going off. Also, the ABS breaks are completely broken. But, this car can be so fun to drive, light steering and great throttle response. Seats are comfortable. The ride is very comfortable over normal conditions yet it can still be sporty. All in all a very fun car full of vigor and character.

Favorite Features

Roll down windows in the back. Sunroof. Acceleration. Steering. Ride. (once working) CD player. Comfortable for all my friends. Great character.

Suggested Improvements

TINT on the windows. Everyone can see right through. NEEDS cup holders. Antenna in the back stinks, has been broken many times. Squishy brake pedal. Ugly flat colors. Some interior materials are falling apart.

Very nice car!
By Molly

1990 Acura Legend Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 200000 miles on it and it is still running very well at 220000. Great first car! Not the greatest mpg (22-23) but it is V6. It handles very well and still can beat a newer car in a race! I'm going to be very sad when it dies, but then again it still wants to run, I don't know many cars that will top 220000 miles and stil be running as well as it is now! Wonderful car I can't imagine driving anything else!!

Favorite Features

The engine still has that powerful sound

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders

Legend lives up to name
By Acura

1990 Acura Legend Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought the car at a steal, $1000.00 So far the only things wrong with it are the cruise control, a loose rear view mirror,and a loose drivers side mirror. It moves great and is fun to drive, buy one if you can find one.

Favorite Features

Sun roof, climate control, and sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Changed oil to synthetic, new headlights, changed tires to new standards. A and A