1990 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:
One of the best cars ever made
By T-Bone on 02/18/10 21:16 PM (PST)

1990 Acura Legend LS 2dr Coupe

When I bought the car it had 213,000 miles on it, original engine and trans. It runs like a dream still. I just passed the smog test. The car has 226,000 miles on it now and I've had no trouble at all(knock on wood). I haven't even done a tune up yet. IMO this is one of the best cars ever made. It just keeps going! This will be the car I compare all others to.

Very nice car!
By Molly on 05/01/08 14:36 PM (PDT)

1990 Acura Legend LS 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 200000 miles on it and it is still running very well at 220000. Great first car! Not the greatest mpg (22-23) but it is V6. It handles very well and still can beat a newer car in a race! I'm going to be very sad when it dies, but then again it still wants to run, I don't know many cars that will top 220000 miles and stil be running as well as it is now! Wonderful car I can't imagine driving anything else!!

EXCELLENT VEHICLE!
By PETER on 07/11/05 21:22 PM (PDT)

1990 Acura Legend LS 2dr Coupe

I bought the car about 2 years ago with 183K miles. It has given excellent service for a 15 year car. The car is in fair shape. I replaced timing belt a year ago it was the original according to the mechanic. Great car!

One of the Best
By Spectromen on 03/28/05 17:22 PM (PST)

1990 Acura Legend LS 2dr Coupe

I truly think this is still Acura's best car ever. I bought it at 120K in 2001 and have had to do plenty of maintenance, but there was nothing out of the ordinary. It's true, dealer parts are expensive but they last, and there's usually alternate parts for the major systems too. As much as I love the TLs and RLs, I just can't bring myself to let go of this one until it dies, and even then, it'll be a sad day.

Fun but expensive
By slindenbaum on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Acura Legend LS 2dr Coupe

I bought it with 45,000 miles on it. It is fun to drive but have had repeated problems with the ABS system. Replaced rear window regulators (left one twice), steering rack, distributor, and numerous other parts over years. Now paint is shot and leather front seats are severly cracked. Spending $1000+ annually. Am replacing it with a 3.2CL-S 6-speed.

pretty good car
By D.D. on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Acura Legend LS 2dr Coupe

This car was great cinsidering it is my first car, but it has also cost a bit, for example, 500 bucks for a/c fixing and another 700 in a/c repairs still needed, power steering leak (a couple hundred) new battery ($100), a new paintjob and a few other repairs, nothing too huge, but right now, i think my transmission is slipping and it makes a funny noise when i turn

looks like a mid 90s car.the lady killa
By eze on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Acura Legend LS 2dr Coupe

this car is amazing for being a 1990.the performance is supirior,great handiling and excelleration.the desighn is awsome

I love this car...
By Jiggs on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Acura Legend LS 2dr Coupe

This car really impresses me everytime I drive it. It has required several expenses due to repairs but you have to expect that from a old car. Wish they still made Legends instead of those RL's.

Won't find a better used car
By jd's1990coupe on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Acura Legend LS 2dr Coupe

Ive got a 1990 Acura Coupe LS [and a 1990 Coupe L] with about 168,000 miles on it. It had around 149,000 when I purchased it. The mechanical design of the car is great and it has proven to be very reliable. Replacement parts are more expensive, but then you dont have to replace them all of the time. If you can do some simple repairs/maintenance on your own you will benefit greatly. Styling design is awesome, as people think im driving a mid-90's car. That says a lot for a 12 year old car. The 5speeds are a kick to drive and if you can find one get it.

You Cannot Go Wrong
By Acura Kurosawa on 02/27/02 11:23 AM (PST)

1990 Acura Legend LS 2dr Coupe

In 1999, I bought a 90 coupe and it is my daily driver. It is luxurious, powerful, classy, and incredibly reliable. Of course, I've had to replace the alternator and a hose or two, but that's to be expected from a car that just broke 200,000 miles! The original alternator lasted until 195,000! See if THAT ever happens with a Ford or Chevy! But these are great cars and you will not be disappointed.