1990 Acura Legend - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legend model:
Our first Acura: 25 year old '89 Legend with only 15k miles. Love it!
By kcbobo on 07/16/14 12:42 PM (PDT)

1990 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

I love this car! Our first Acura is a 25-year-old Legend L with only 15k miles. Like a time machine, it's new inside and out. Was purchased new in '89 by a family member. Always garaged and dealer-maintained, it had been sitting in a garage unmoved for 4 years. Trailered it home, drained fluids, replaced belts, tires, a few hoses and this baby is wonderful. One of the best cars we've owned, powerful and luxurious. Automatic trans shifts smoothly, quiet on the highway, great road manners. Well-mannered is the best description for this car. It moves capably and confidently, handles well and was built to last. Bravo to the Honda engineers...they certainly got it right on this one!

What A CAR!!!!!
By jonathan11 on 10/23/11 21:57 PM (PDT)

1990 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

When I got this car, it was like mid-september. I really didn''t know how to react with it, but the more i got to drive it, te more attached i am with it. I've driven lots of cars in the passed, but none that can put up with the Legend. around 69000 miles, throttle response= amazing, and now just adding stuff that can repesent on who i am. a biggie it has, its that its never been under roof, so all the paint is faded, and the tod rear back seats are burned, but really dont matter. braking very smooth and right when you need it, and going up hill, you feel the power of the engine, its just amazing!

Good deal for 113k $1,400 in 2003
By Misha on 07/29/10 16:03 PM (PDT)

1990 Acura Legend LS 4dr Sedan

Still driving having put 10k on this beauty over 7 years, and little more than new tires, brakes and occasional battery or filter. Poor mileage (23 hwy) when driven to Calgary, Canada in January 2004, but otherwise perfect, esp. over Montana. Five-speed manual offers great handling and leather/electric everything is superb. Needs some body work, but only drive in summers, so no problem. G

An Old Dear Friend
By hotrod419fl on 05/25/10 16:10 PM (PDT)

1990 Acura Legend L 2dr Coupe

This is a love story and a cry for help. She's a 1989 white coupe, sleek, lovely, the best looking car ever. Got her new for 25K and fell in love. She still glides swiftly from one lane to the next on command..no drift, no lean, stable and sure-footed. 279,500 miles, purrs like a kitten except for noisy valve lifters. She lost her A/C last week, a $1,200 repair and, well, this is Florida. A recent fender bender would add another grand. Can't bear to put her down, but if I don't and she decides enough is enough herself? How can I bear parting? And God forbid, what if someone picks up, does her right, and I see her again as she once was. I couldn't take that. What should I do? Help!

One of the best cars ever made
By T-Bone on 02/18/10 21:16 PM (PST)

1990 Acura Legend LS 2dr Coupe

When I bought the car it had 213,000 miles on it, original engine and trans. It runs like a dream still. I just passed the smog test. The car has 226,000 miles on it now and I've had no trouble at all(knock on wood). I haven't even done a tune up yet. IMO this is one of the best cars ever made. It just keeps going! This will be the car I compare all others to.

Truly Legendary
By My Legend on 01/01/10 22:52 PM (PST)

1990 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

I love my car, the performance and handling are superb. Rear leather seats are very cracked, but I don't sit in the back! Had 183000 miles on it when I purchased it 4 years ago, and now there's 210000! I'm buying another one with 300000 miles. I love this car.

Old car for Young driver
By bensterk on 12/30/09 18:00 PM (PST)

1990 Acura Legend L 2dr Coupe

My grandmother purchased this car used When I got my license she gave it to me. It currently has 171,000 miles. We have had some problems with it. For example, the starter went out and left me stranded at taco bell. Head seal broken which leaks oil on the engine which smokes= embarrassing. We had to get the Alarm system deactivated because it kept going off. Also, the ABS breaks are completely broken. But, this car can be so fun to drive, light steering and great throttle response. Seats are comfortable. The ride is very comfortable over normal conditions yet it can still be sporty. All in all a very fun car full of vigor and character.

I Looooove This Car!!!
By BDCarguy on 05/15/09 12:14 PM (PDT)

1990 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

I just bought this car for my first car about 2 months ago and I must say I am very pleased with it all the way around. To my surprise and delight I found out that a 19 year old car with 230k miles can still kick on the highway. The torque produced by the low volume V-6 makes this car jump off the line like no other! I don't think I've seen another front wheel drive car that can burn out. I had to drive it hard for a while just to break it in and get a feel for it and found that it is surprisingly easy to chirp the tires into second and I even heard a squeak into third. The comfort factor on the seats has to be a nine but the lack of cup holders is disappointing...

2nd owner of driving machine
By Jaleut on 11/16/08 11:50 AM (PST)

1990 Acura Legend L 4dr Sedan

Wife & I found this GEM (43k miles @ $17,676) when a nice business lady turned it in to upgrade. Aside from the usual maintenance, this car performed flawlessly until 189k when one main bearing froze which required an engine replacement (33k on replacement). Replaced alternator, starter and radiator and some suspension parts from 189k to 284k at which time replaced timing belt, water pump and gaskets on valve covers, front crank and oil pan. Also replaced right drive CV. It would be a shame to give up on this work-horse of a vehicle that is only subject to components that wear out with heavy driving. Wish I could be confident of the new technology when it arrives in 2010 when I may buy.

Very nice car!
By Molly on 05/01/08 14:36 PM (PDT)

1990 Acura Legend LS 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 200000 miles on it and it is still running very well at 220000. Great first car! Not the greatest mpg (22-23) but it is V6. It handles very well and still can beat a newer car in a race! I'm going to be very sad when it dies, but then again it still wants to run, I don't know many cars that will top 220000 miles and stil be running as well as it is now! Wonderful car I can't imagine driving anything else!!

1 2 3 4 5 next »