2001 Acura Integra Type R - Consumer Reviews

Type R 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (8 reviews )
What a Machine
By TYPE R 01 on 06/18/08 23:41 PM (PDT)

2001 Acura Integra Type R Type R 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is one of my favorite cars. I drive this vehicle like a race car. It performs when requested, accelerates with hesitation, and screams like a motorcycle! The car is very fun to drive especially when it reaches VTEC! The sound of the cross-over from normal cam lobes to higher lobes provides a exciting moment to enthusiast. Sit back in a nice and comfortable bucket seat, enjoy the gripping power assited by LSD and watch your tach as it reaches 8500 RPM. It is no V-8 but it performs like one!

Try to find better....
By SouthFlorida-ITR on 11/24/05 05:42 AM (PST)

2001 Acura Integra Type R Type R 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is nothing less than INCREDIBLE! I have driven many cars, and I must say this is more fun than a BMW M3 and Porsche Boxster Sport. Its fast and furious, nimble, responsive and just down right FUN! **WARNING** this vehicle is HIGHLY ADDICTIVE!

ITR TEH LEGEND
By integratyper on 09/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura Integra Type R Type R 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Integra TYpe R. This is the longest I've ever kept a vehicle, almost 4 years.

Most capable FWD available
By SoCal ITR on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura Integra Type R Type R 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The car handles like a dream, it screams all the way to 8.5k and loves every minute of it. I've owned this car for almost 3 years now. I've driven it across the country numerous times and I've averaged almost 2,000 miles per month. I have to say that no other car offers the performance, comfort, ability and practicality of the Type R. There's not a thing I would change about it.

Type R awesome if willing to rev!
By mpro on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura Integra Type R Type R 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car. There is very little Horsepower/Torque below the 5700 vtec changeover, so be ready to rev the engine like a motorcycle. Handling is the best I have ever seen in a front wheel drive, or any car for that matter (under $50k). Balance is near perfect, the limited slip is excellent.

Classic car of the future
By turtle on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Acura Integra Type R Type R 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Increadible feel. Although it can be used as a daily driver, the car responds well to weekend auto-cross and track events. For those intrested in a car that is responsive, fun and easy to drive, and won't kill your pocketbook, this is the car for you! The car is in limited production as well, making it a true classic car for the future!

The best front driver
By mtlisi on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Acura Integra Type R Type R 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Absolutely the best of the field, Well honed machine with noe equivication of it's intended purpose. A true street legal race car.

great car
By ttt on 03/11/02 23:21 PM (PST)

2001 Acura Integra Type R Type R 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

good value and fun to drive