Used 2001 Acura Integra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

2001 Acura Integra

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

unbeatable
By cglaw

2001 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have over 214,000 on my gsr and it still manages to just keep on going! I drive it hard and I admit it takes a few years to get used to having to push it to the limit, (at least for me, I'm 42 years old) but the car never fails to drive hard and be as reliable as heck! Small things are starting to go on some of the switches, everything works, but I have put some miles on it and it always starts in the morning and keeps on going. GREAT car for your teen to start driving on. I only wish the had made them longer.

Suggested Improvements

ride is a tad harsh and the wind noise is above average.

Best first car ever!
By xjennat

2001 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Well actually my first car I purchased was a 1994 LS Integra. I had it for about a month till I got in an accident (not my fault) and my poor integra was totaled. It was pretty much devastating. About a month or two later I got my new 2001 LS integra w/ 92k miles and it's been a great upgrade. It's a little smoother to drive than my previous 94 but they were essentially the same. After the crash the only other car I wanted was another integra... My integra is so much fun to drive and it's the cutest little thing ever. It's perfect for a high school/college student who wants good looks and good MPG. I get about 25 city.

Favorite Features

The interior is super simple and looks really nice. I have the cloth interior and it's fine. The back is a little cramped but hey thats what you get when you drive the coupe. The sunroof has got to be one of my favorite features. Nothing beats the feeling of cruising in your integra! The CD player was pretty much broken when I bought it. It only works with some CDS... but no biggy because I plan to get a new stereo anyway. The stereo sounds really good nevertheless!

Suggested Improvements

I wish it wasn't such a target for autotheft... I'm really afraid that it'll be stolen so until I have enough money for an alarm I currently use a steering wheel lock.

Integra LS
By Nematoad

2001 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Integra for over 139000 miles. It is incredibly reliable, spacious and roomy. Can carry 8 foot 2x4 lumbers, and lots of big boxes. As well as be a really cool sports car. Has not been in repair shop for anything too major. Appears to have very strong body design, after being rear ended, by stupid drunk driver, body shop replaced all bumpers and repainted and is like new again.

Favorite Features

Fold down rear seats, hatch back. Tight steering.

Suggested Improvements

Longer wider and taller body for more interior capacity. Bigger engine, bigger disk brakes. New RSX has been downsized, and then discontinued. No more hatchbacks from Acura anymore.

Lock it up!
By Roamingsoldier

2001 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2002. It has been nothing but good to me. It is a poor man's Porcshe. It's fast and handles great. High insurance, like many mine was stolen...I loved it so much I spent 16k to rebuild it, even though it was a total loss. I have a Benz 430CLK now but I always drive the Teg.

Favorite Features

Engine, handling, looks, fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

Better interior, it looks cheap.

What a Machine
By TYPE R 01

2001 Acura Integra Type R 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is one of my favorite cars. I drive this vehicle like a race car. It performs when requested, accelerates with hesitation, and screams like a motorcycle! The car is very fun to drive especially when it reaches VTEC! The sound of the cross-over from normal cam lobes to higher lobes provides a exciting moment to enthusiast. Sit back in a nice and comfortable bucket seat, enjoy the gripping power assited by LSD and watch your tach as it reaches 8500 RPM. It is no V-8 but it performs like one!

Favorite Features

Front lip, rims, carbon fiber instrument panels, specialized emblems, shifter, and motor!