Quality but economic fun
By DSW on
2000 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback
I bought this GS-R new in 2000 while I was still in college. Glad to say I've had almost no problems whatsoever with the vehicle. This was truly a classic design from Acura, and it still gets a lot of interest when I pull into the gas station. Transmission is superb, but the engine tends to have a loud droning tendency when driving extended highway trips. Comfort for tall people is questionable as well. The car drives very well, and the gas mileage has been better than estimated on the sticker...as high as 34mpg. Overall a solid purchase. The only maintanence issue I've experienced was a burned out trunk latch mechanism at 91000 miles...cheap fix at the dealership.
Favorite Features
A sharp looking car in the forest green. Leather is high quality. Reliability has been the best of any car I've owned to date. 100,000 miles and running strong. The 5 speed is a blast and throttle response is good for a 4 cylinder.
Suggested Improvements
Engine sounds nice under acceleration but revs at just over 4000rpm at 80mph...a little noisy. The cup holders are not well placed and can get in the way of radio controls. Also, the dash rattles at idle.