Used 2000 Acura Integra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

Grrreeeeaaat Car
By VH3

2000 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I was looking at a Celica GT when my wife had purchased a 1999 Integra LS. I loved the way it drove, then I compared features. there was more bang for the buck here. Aluminum Wheels, Sun roof, ABS (which was not included on the Celica GT) 4 wheel disc brakes, 140 HP. The car tracked extremley well and has some get up and go. I always like the style of the Integra and had always wanted one. I am glad that I changed my mind and bought it. I hav not had any problems with it, I do my maintenance religiously. It is fun to drive with great gas milage. I even like it better than the new RSX, but if I ever get rid of my Integra, I would get the RSX.

Favorite Features

Styling, Drivability, Stereo

Suggested Improvements

Seats can kick your but during extended drives.

can it be too much fun to drive ?
By NJL

2000 Acura Integra Type R 2dr Hatchback

the car practically begs you to drive it faster. every trip to work or the store feels like a short grand prix. the power is a nice match to the suspension. sure the cupholders are annoying and the top gear should have a higher ratio, but otherwise it is as exact expression of a small street racer as any nsx or exotic. plus 100k miles to the first tuneup and an engine that feels like a motorcycle makes me want to keep this one for a long time.

Favorite Features

the high redline, hydraulic clutch, extra balancing and carbon flywheel make it feel like a formula car. the feedback through the controls is perfect. the body roll is great.

Suggested Improvements

better cup holders. higher ratio top gear.

GREAT CAR
By LINDA

2000 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

LAST CAR WAS AN OLDS. THIS IS A REAL TREAT..... NO PROBLEMS IT'S A QUICK CAR.

Favorite Features

STICK

Suggested Improvements

ADJUSTABLE SEAT BELT

My Car
By GS

2000 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I bought my gsr in september 2003. I love it. it so fun to drive. They sould have never stopped making these cars. The leather is so comfortable and the transmission is nice and tight. when the vtec kicks in the sound is awesome and you can feel the extra power that it gives you. Handles great on stock suspension and wheel and tire set up. Over all this car is great in my opinion

Favorite Features

the gsr blades, leather, vtec, seats

Suggested Improvements

Make bigger cup holders. the cup holders have a hard time with 20oz. soda bottles. Thank god my coffe cup fits or I might have to sell the car. (joke)

2000 Integra GSR
By shado

2000 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I've had this car for about a year now and it is a fun car to drive. The VTEC engine is exciting to listen to. Once you hit that 4500 rpm you just want to keep revving the motor up. The only downside to perfomance is that you won't get that much torque compared to high torquey cars, but on the long run the VTEC system really helps for high speeds. Third gear is the best gear and after that its not really fun no more. So you have to go back again. When I first recieved this car I thought it was a dissapointment, but it turned out to be the best car.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the VTEC engine, the small roomy interior, the lightweighted chasis and the aero design of the car.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement this car needs is more torque, but it is sacraficed for the VTEC. The passenger and driver windows seal need better seals. The climate console fell out on my car. The leather gets pretty dull after constant driving.