Used 2000 Acura Integra Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

Love my Integra
By Dave

2000 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I've been driving for over 30 years and owned many cars and this is easily my favorite. It's fun to drive and when I wash and wax it up it looks great. The car is nine years old with 106k miles and yet it is still tight and everything works. Just had the timing belt changed ($700) and plan on keeping this baby for several more years.

Favorite Features

Appearance (alloy wheels a real plus here). Reliability. Ride. Handling. Hatchback provides surprising storage room.

Suggested Improvements

Ergonomics. Passenger compartment is tight. I'm 5'10" & 180 lbs and I wouldn't recommend to anyone over 6'. More of an around town car, not great for long trips. Gas mileage not what you would expect (I get 23mpg-auto trans).

One of the best affordable cars ever made
By shadokreep

2000 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this car for 6 years and it still runs great. The gas mileage is on par with most civics of this time. This car is still comfortable and was a great investment I made. Couple of months ago, I thought about selling my car and getting something bigger, but since gas prices went up I changed my mind.

Favorite Features

I love the VTEC in this car. When you hit that sweet spot of 4400 rpm, you feel a surge of power. You also have superb trunk space since you can fold down the seats. I fit my computer desk in the trunk once.

Suggested Improvements

I just wish that Acura would have brought the Japanese version of the headlights over to the USA when they redesigned the headlights in 1998. The Japanese headlights are more to my taste than the circle headlights.

Perfect
By ...nAs...

2000 Acura Integra Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

Driven the car for 5 months now, put roughly 7000km on it. Already I've had to replace the radiator, however everything seems to be working fine with nearly 115,000km on it now. Fun to drive, kind of plain inside but the leather interior has held up really nicely and the car leaves the driver all kinds of options to upgrade at a reasonale cost including the deck and accessories. The cup holder is in a poor spot but everything else I'm really happy with. Would recommend anyone to pick it up if possible!

Favorite Features

Reliability for a sporty car.

Suggested Improvements

Different location for cup holder.

I've never loved a car more!
By JenJen

2000 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I've had my 2000 Acura Integra LS Coupe since April of 2002. Bought it as a certified pre-owned car with only 14,000 miles on it. Luckily my commute is short, so in 5+ years of my ownership, it only has 47,000 miles! Every time I get into my Integra, I feel like I'm on a race track. I've never loved a car more. I hope to keep it until it just won't drive anymore; I can't even look at other cars. Also, it's hard to find a 7-year-old car that still turns heads! Details: 2000 Acura Integra LS Coupe, Voltage Blue Metallic, manual 5-speed transmission, rear spoiler, sunroof, updated stereo (Kenwood).

Favorite Features

Manual transmission, rare color, rear spoiler.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders could be bigger.

After 6 years, I still can't quit her!
By C1977

2000 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

This trusty car is such a treat, after 6 years, I still give myself fake excuses to drive in it. Until I hit 105K, I just changed oil and tires - that's about it. I think the balance between assisted steering and feedback on this car is perfect.

Favorite Features

The engine of course! Everywhere I go, people ask if it's for sale! Maybe it's because I got the factory purple pearl color!

Suggested Improvements

I'm stumped, can't think of anything other than bigger cup holders.