Used 2000 Acura Integra GS-R Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Acura Integra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

One of the best affordable cars ever made
By shadokreep

2000 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this car for 6 years and it still runs great. The gas mileage is on par with most civics of this time. This car is still comfortable and was a great investment I made. Couple of months ago, I thought about selling my car and getting something bigger, but since gas prices went up I changed my mind.

I love the VTEC in this car. When you hit that sweet spot of 4400 rpm, you feel a surge of power. You also have superb trunk space since you can fold down the seats. I fit my computer desk in the trunk once.

I just wish that Acura would have brought the Japanese version of the headlights over to the USA when they redesigned the headlights in 1998. The Japanese headlights are more to my taste than the circle headlights.

After 6 years, I still can't quit her!
By C1977

2000 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

This trusty car is such a treat, after 6 years, I still give myself fake excuses to drive in it. Until I hit 105K, I just changed oil and tires - that's about it. I think the balance between assisted steering and feedback on this car is perfect.

The engine of course! Everywhere I go, people ask if it's for sale! Maybe it's because I got the factory purple pearl color!

I'm stumped, can't think of anything other than bigger cup holders.

Quality but economic fun
By DSW

2000 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I bought this GS-R new in 2000 while I was still in college. Glad to say I've had almost no problems whatsoever with the vehicle. This was truly a classic design from Acura, and it still gets a lot of interest when I pull into the gas station. Transmission is superb, but the engine tends to have a loud droning tendency when driving extended highway trips. Comfort for tall people is questionable as well. The car drives very well, and the gas mileage has been better than estimated on the sticker...as high as 34mpg. Overall a solid purchase. The only maintanence issue I've experienced was a burned out trunk latch mechanism at 91000 miles...cheap fix at the dealership.

A sharp looking car in the forest green. Leather is high quality. Reliability has been the best of any car I've owned to date. 100,000 miles and running strong. The 5 speed is a blast and throttle response is good for a 4 cylinder.

Engine sounds nice under acceleration but revs at just over 4000rpm at 80mph...a little noisy. The cup holders are not well placed and can get in the way of radio controls. Also, the dash rattles at idle.

00 gsr
By Aj

2000 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Overall the GS-R is a very practical car to live with. There is enough room for two adults in the back but I would advise against it. The performance is adequate. Compared to the cars available in 2004 it is lacking. However if you know anything about GS-Rs you know that the B18C has more than enough aftermarket support. The year 2000 is when honda/acura switched to OBD-II version 2. Some of the parts that work for the older GS-Rs do not work for this one. If I could do it over again I would buy a 96-99 GS-R for that reason.

Smooth transmission, reliability, rev happy motor, beautiful sounds

Move the radio up higher cup holders that work make room for adults in the back seat

GREAT CAR
By LINDA

2000 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

LAST CAR WAS AN OLDS. THIS IS A REAL TREAT..... NO PROBLEMS IT'S A QUICK CAR.

STICK