Used 2000 Acura Integra Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

More classic than Gone With The Wind
By sammacktruck

2000 Acura Integra Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

Some people say the looks are dated. It was way ahead of its time, and even in 2014 still is. Nothing compares to the styling. The best design of the 90's, which is the best decade for exterior design of all time. I have the auto GS. It's rated as 27 highway MPG. I have gotten 39 w/o modifcations. That's right. 39. No joke. Better than most of even the best mileage kings today. And my car has 180K on it. I have fit 3 fullsize mtn bikes in this hatchback. The Euros wish they can make something like this. Overall the GTI ain't got nothing on the Integra. Keep dreaming, VW.

Favorite Features

Handling, mileage, reliability, looks

Suggested Improvements

Bring this car back! There has never been anything else like it. Even in 2014.

Great for a 10 year old car.
By Aaron

2000 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I've owned my Integra for a little over 2 years. It was my first car and overall I'm very happy with it. The seats are supportive and comfortable for daily driving, though they lack in lumbar support on long trips. Car pulls respectfully for its powertrain. The transmission is fairly easy to operate, though it tends to catch 3rd gear when power shifting. Short throw shifter is a good purchase for everyone, as it aides in smoother quicker shifts. Steering is spot on, though a bit fluttery at times. Overall great car, though it does show its age in some areas.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling thats still eye catching after over a decade. Screaming 1.8, leather interior, great exterior visibility all around.

Suggested Improvements

Better cup holders, more power (easily and cheaply done), better stock stereo (I don't listen to hiphop but I still was upset by the utter lack of bass).

Very Nice
By Lhern48

2000 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

This is the 2nd Integra LS coupe I've owned and it is what you'd expect from Acura/Honda. Very reliable, conservatively styled, and underpowered. If you can find one that has never been molested, then you've found a needle in a hay stack. Although it has been discontinued, the RSX has taken its place with a more liberal approach.

Favorite Features

Reliable, Fun to drive, decent interior/exterior styling, 25+ mpg in city on cheap gas.

Suggested Improvements

Cup Holders!, more liberal styling (achieved by the RSX), higher 5th gear (very loud on highway trips). One con to this vehicle is it is popular for modification and theft. Finding a factory stock Integra is unheard of.

Best Car I have Owned
By Wilcox

2000 Acura Integra Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

This is the 3rd Integra in the Family and they keep getting better. I just bought mine a few months back with only 115,000 km on it. Great Car! Love the styling, Performance, Reliability. Needed a few Ball joints recently but that's wear and tear for a 10 year old car. Parts are cheap enough and are very easy to get.

Favorite Features

Excellent Build Quality, Parts are very easy to get.

Suggested Improvements

Acura, Please bring this car Back!

Loved this car...
By Matt

2000 Acura Integra Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

I owned two Integras, first a 1995 that I wrecked in college in 1998, then this 2000 that I just totaled a few months ago (not my fault). The car is about perfect for what it is: a sporty car that is supposed to be fun to drive, provide good performance for the price (and tremendous upgradability), and an entry-level "luxury car". It was a blast to drive on short commutes on windy roads and got incredible gas mileage (up near 40 on highway trips), however, it would get very uncomfortable on long drives, at least as I approached 30. :)

Favorite Features

Fun to drive GAS MILEAGE Modification friendly Exterior styling

Suggested Improvements

I wouldn't change anything. The low-comfort is to be expected in this type of vehicle.