1999 Acura Integra Consumer Review: 99 integra ls 2d automatic

1999 Acura Integra - Consumer Review

99 integra ls 2d automatic
By twoheadsup on

1999 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I absolutely love this car, it is right on so many levels! It is sporty, good-looking, reliable, versatile, fuel-efficient, and safe. Even though mine has the basic 1.8L b18b1 engine without vtec, it roars when you force down the pedal and those revs soar up. For a high-revving engine the low-end torque is great, I had to haul over 150 pounds of plywood in the trunk and it never quit. I bought it at 94k miles and im at 122k miles now and its still tight as a drum. Since I bought the car 2 and a half years ago, the only things that have went wrong and needed to be replaced were the speakers and a tail light. Upkeep has been about $1,300 since I bought it, due required services at 100k miles.

Engine, a/c and heater, seat adjust ability, styling, cargo capacity. I get an average of 29mpg with a 4 speed-automatic, which is nice. With the 4-speed, the power really churns out in 3 gear and the engine just begs to be revved to the redline.

The electronics in the car are a bit intermittent. I've had troubles with the parking brake sensor and door sensors. Those problems have gone away now and have been replaced with a non-functioning cruise control and cigarette lighter. The speakers wore out at 100k miles or so, but I enjoyed replacing those with some nice Sony Explodes. Everything else has been working and running perfectly. I gave it a reliability rating of 5, because these are just annoying issues that are cheap to fix and aren't a major problem.