Used 1999 Acura Integra LS Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Acura Integra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

99 integra ls 2d automatic
By twoheadsup

1999 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I absolutely love this car, it is right on so many levels! It is sporty, good-looking, reliable, versatile, fuel-efficient, and safe. Even though mine has the basic 1.8L b18b1 engine without vtec, it roars when you force down the pedal and those revs soar up. For a high-revving engine the low-end torque is great, I had to haul over 150 pounds of plywood in the trunk and it never quit. I bought it at 94k miles and im at 122k miles now and its still tight as a drum. Since I bought the car 2 and a half years ago, the only things that have went wrong and needed to be replaced were the speakers and a tail light. Upkeep has been about $1,300 since I bought it, due required services at 100k miles.

Engine, a/c and heater, seat adjust ability, styling, cargo capacity. I get an average of 29mpg with a 4 speed-automatic, which is nice. With the 4-speed, the power really churns out in 3 gear and the engine just begs to be revved to the redline.

The electronics in the car are a bit intermittent. I've had troubles with the parking brake sensor and door sensors. Those problems have gone away now and have been replaced with a non-functioning cruise control and cigarette lighter. The speakers wore out at 100k miles or so, but I enjoyed replacing those with some nice Sony Explodes. Everything else has been working and running perfectly. I gave it a reliability rating of 5, because these are just annoying issues that are cheap to fix and aren't a major problem.

99 LS
By M2carlover

1999 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car new in 1999. It's the best car I've ever owned! I've had it 11 years, it has 90,000 miles and knock on wood - keeps on running!

sunroof, small fuin to drive & easy to park!

The seats could be more adjustable. Also, my antenna won't close (it's the 2nd one)and my rear view defrost button broke.

Teggy
By jeff

1999 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

Have had the car for about 4 years now. The only money I had to put into it besides regular check ups was a completely new set of brakes, which the old set wore out at about 80,000 miles. Quick acceleration, fun and easy to drive. Not the best stock paint job but I can live it with. I really enjoy my integra and am glad I purchased it.

fun to drive, convenient hatchback, very reliable.

more comfortable front seats, bad size and placement of cup holder.

Cheap BMW
By 99-DC4

1999 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

Love my Integra to death. Incredibly reliable car, never given me a single problem, extremly well built. Performance is astonishing, this car is quick for the price. Dont Pay attention to the 140HP, this car is so lightweight that it feels like it has an extra 20HP. Great handeling, corners perfectly and very minimal body roll (then again my car is on coilovers so...) Great car practically lasts forever if maintained properly you will not regret it!

Fun to drive factor, handeles superbly, virtually bullet proof.

Sadley the Integra/RSX line is coming to an end, 2007 is going to be the final year of production...so the only suggestion I have is to keep the Integra line going honda!!!

Fun to drive and own
By Gary

1999 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

Exceptional car performance/value. Great handling. Great acceleration at high speeds. Awesome looks and features.

Looks, folding antenna :-) sunroof

better acceleration at lower speeds?