Used 1999 Acura Integra GS-R Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Acura Integra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

1999 GS-R
By troy

1999 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I got my GS-R hatchback with 25K miles and sold it close to 70K. The 1.8L VTEC truly is one of the finest engines ever. Tons of revs, lots of high end power, usable torque, good exhaust note and excellent fuel economy (35 mpg on the highway). My paint was black and as long as you kept it clean and waxed it once a year, there were few cars that looked better. I loved that it came with a spoiler, something that has eluded many cars I have owned before and after this one. The shifter of course was precise, smooth and near effortless. My only problems were 2, count 'em, 2 bad clutch master cylinders, probably the way I drive. :)

Fuel efficient and powerful engine, hatchback versatility, Honda shifter, Acura warranty, exterior appearance, loved the climate control buttons, very modern

Maybe a 6th gear, a little more torque and maybe a distributor-less ignition (to save on maintenance).

Dedicated Acura Owner
By Erica

1999 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I bought an Acura Integra GS-R and have owned it for 9 years. It has been extremely reliable, fun, and great gas mileage. It doesn't have a lot of power off the line, but the V-TEC kicks in around 3500 and you feel it! The back is very limited in leg room, but you can fit 2 (short) adults in back in a pinch. I have done regular maintenance, and the only thing that has failed on the car was a cracked radiator (driving from Phoenix to Tucson in July). It's a great car for younger drivers, but is safe and reliable for long trips.

The look and feel of the car. The low height makes it really responsive and fun.

Wish they still made them! It's the only car I would own.

The Fabulous GSR
By erp

1999 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I've had this car for a year now and have had no problems until now. The engine is burning oil at the rate of about a quart a month. Fortunately I had been planning to do an engine rebuild before I realized the motor actually needed it. I bought the car with 72,000 miles on it so there could have been significant abuse to the engine prior to me owning it. Even still, I love my car and I plan to keep it forever. Overall it's a great car.

Very reliable, good gas mileage (under 6000 RPM), and if you're willing to put the time and money under the hood you can get 200 horsepower out of the motor easily, it has very precise and responsive steering, awesome handling and braking. A great daily driver, and a great car at the track too.

The engine is very strong but this car needs more rubber on the road to transmit the power. The stock 15 inch wheels with P195 tires are hardly enough to do the job. Seriously consider upgrading to 16 or 17 inch wheels to dramatically improve handling and braking.

GSR get one!!
By Neptuneda

1999 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Bought this this preowned and been a reliable and great economy on the Gas. The insurance is another story. This a popular car for tuners as well. Basic bolt-ons yield big results. This is my 4th integra. Will buy another Acura!!

the Engine is a Revver. Suprises a lot of "Higher" Powered cars when u stay /or beat them!

Interior is rather sparse but funtional. The Engine needs more torque.

Awesome car but a few problems
By Kawaii

1999 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I got the car with ~72k miles on it and It ran fine. Shortly after, I needed to get my B-pipe replaced. I got the 65k maintenence check and it cost $800 mainly because they had to replace a "frozen" brake caliper. After about a year, the hatch and the door started started sticking and I needed a driver's side and hatch door actuator. After that, the passenger window motor started dying so it stops a fraction of an inch before its actually shut. Yes the car is a blast to drive, and maybe I just got a problem child, but I can't say that I've had a very good GSR experience.

This car is incredible to drive, it handles awesome, and it performs rather well, comfortable, paint is flawless

revs very high in 5th gear on the highway, I've spent over $2,000 in maintenance/repairs in less than 2 years., the exterior styling, the front end is hideous, I hate how the GS-R looks like every other integra produced since 1994, it's a highly stolen vehicle