1999 Acura Integra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:
1999 GS-R
By troy on 06/04/08 06:52 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I got my GS-R hatchback with 25K miles and sold it close to 70K. The 1.8L VTEC truly is one of the finest engines ever. Tons of revs, lots of high end power, usable torque, good exhaust note and excellent fuel economy (35 mpg on the highway). My paint was black and as long as you kept it clean and waxed it once a year, there were few cars that looked better. I loved that it came with a spoiler, something that has eluded many cars I have owned before and after this one. The shifter of course was precise, smooth and near effortless. My only problems were 2, count 'em, 2 bad clutch master cylinders, probably the way I drive. :)

Dedicated Acura Owner
By Erica on 04/17/08 14:37 PM (PDT)

1999 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I bought an Acura Integra GS-R and have owned it for 9 years. It has been extremely reliable, fun, and great gas mileage. It doesn't have a lot of power off the line, but the V-TEC kicks in around 3500 and you feel it! The back is very limited in leg room, but you can fit 2 (short) adults in back in a pinch. I have done regular maintenance, and the only thing that has failed on the car was a cracked radiator (driving from Phoenix to Tucson in July). It's a great car for younger drivers, but is safe and reliable for long trips.

The Fabulous GSR
By erp on 04/30/05 18:13 PM (PDT)

1999 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I've had this car for a year now and have had no problems until now. The engine is burning oil at the rate of about a quart a month. Fortunately I had been planning to do an engine rebuild before I realized the motor actually needed it. I bought the car with 72,000 miles on it so there could have been significant abuse to the engine prior to me owning it. Even still, I love my car and I plan to keep it forever. Overall it's a great car.

GSR get one!!
By Neptuneda on 07/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Bought this this preowned and been a reliable and great economy on the Gas. The insurance is another story. This a popular car for tuners as well. Basic bolt-ons yield big results. This is my 4th integra. Will buy another Acura!!

Awesome car but a few problems
By Kawaii on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I got the car with ~72k miles on it and It ran fine. Shortly after, I needed to get my B-pipe replaced. I got the 65k maintenence check and it cost $800 mainly because they had to replace a "frozen" brake caliper. After about a year, the hatch and the door started started sticking and I needed a driver's side and hatch door actuator. After that, the passenger window motor started dying so it stops a fraction of an inch before its actually shut. Yes the car is a blast to drive, and maybe I just got a problem child, but I can't say that I've had a very good GSR experience.

acura1
By nuer74 on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

This is a great, fun car to drive. It accelearates quickly, corners well, and looks great. I have had no problems with the car since I bought it from the dealer.

I like the car, not the insurance
By DoubleDtox on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Nothing but pure bliss. I hate paying insurance.

Zoom Zoom!
By GSR Mike on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Wow! This car is just plain fun to drive! A true reasonably priced sports car. The car handles well, has great acceleration - it's a Honda. The AC is ice cold, heat is also great. The leather seats are soft, but give you the support you need while driving. The engine revs and begs to be pushed.

Great Car
By Jorge L on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Fun to drive, fast , great handling, the most reliable car Ive owned.

Bulletproof
By archslater on 11/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

After 45,000 joyful miles, i'm happy to report that I haven't had a single problem with this car, not one, and I drive the car in a spirited manor. These cars are bulletproof. What makes it even greater is that I leased it, and agreed on an end of lease purchase option in the initial contract. The lease is up soon, and the true market value of the car is $4000 over the agreed purchase price... VERY LITTLE DEPRICIATION!!!