Used 1999 Acura Integra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

1999 Acura Integra GS Hatch Manual
By thekenneth

1999 Acura Integra GS 2dr Hatchback

This is an outstanding used car. I bought it at 154,000 in 2014 and am so impressed with the solid transmission and engine. Cosmetically it is quite weathered. Clearcoat peel. This one had some water infiltration into the hatch thru the tail light gaskets but this was easily fixed. Very low seat for this old guy to climb in and out of but decent front leg room for tall people. Don't expect to transport full-sized people in the back seats! Super solid used car. Zippy and nimble. Fun to drive. I recommend it.

Favorite Features

Manual Transmission. Engine. Cornering.

Suggested Improvements

Prepare for a paint job. Poor leg room in back.

99 integra ls 2d automatic
By twoheadsup

1999 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I absolutely love this car, it is right on so many levels! It is sporty, good-looking, reliable, versatile, fuel-efficient, and safe. Even though mine has the basic 1.8L b18b1 engine without vtec, it roars when you force down the pedal and those revs soar up. For a high-revving engine the low-end torque is great, I had to haul over 150 pounds of plywood in the trunk and it never quit. I bought it at 94k miles and im at 122k miles now and its still tight as a drum. Since I bought the car 2 and a half years ago, the only things that have went wrong and needed to be replaced were the speakers and a tail light. Upkeep has been about $1,300 since I bought it, due required services at 100k miles.

Favorite Features

Engine, a/c and heater, seat adjust ability, styling, cargo capacity. I get an average of 29mpg with a 4 speed-automatic, which is nice. With the 4-speed, the power really churns out in 3 gear and the engine just begs to be revved to the redline.

Suggested Improvements

The electronics in the car are a bit intermittent. I've had troubles with the parking brake sensor and door sensors. Those problems have gone away now and have been replaced with a non-functioning cruise control and cigarette lighter. The speakers wore out at 100k miles or so, but I enjoyed replacing those with some nice Sony Explodes. Everything else has been working and running perfectly. I gave it a reliability rating of 5, because these are just annoying issues that are cheap to fix and aren't a major problem.

99 LS
By M2carlover

1999 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car new in 1999. It's the best car I've ever owned! I've had it 11 years, it has 90,000 miles and knock on wood - keeps on running!

Favorite Features

sunroof, small fuin to drive & easy to park!

Suggested Improvements

The seats could be more adjustable. Also, my antenna won't close (it's the 2nd one)and my rear view defrost button broke.

1999 GS-R
By troy

1999 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I got my GS-R hatchback with 25K miles and sold it close to 70K. The 1.8L VTEC truly is one of the finest engines ever. Tons of revs, lots of high end power, usable torque, good exhaust note and excellent fuel economy (35 mpg on the highway). My paint was black and as long as you kept it clean and waxed it once a year, there were few cars that looked better. I loved that it came with a spoiler, something that has eluded many cars I have owned before and after this one. The shifter of course was precise, smooth and near effortless. My only problems were 2, count 'em, 2 bad clutch master cylinders, probably the way I drive. :)

Favorite Features

Fuel efficient and powerful engine, hatchback versatility, Honda shifter, Acura warranty, exterior appearance, loved the climate control buttons, very modern

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a 6th gear, a little more torque and maybe a distributor-less ignition (to save on maintenance).

Teggy
By jeff

1999 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

Have had the car for about 4 years now. The only money I had to put into it besides regular check ups was a completely new set of brakes, which the old set wore out at about 80,000 miles. Quick acceleration, fun and easy to drive. Not the best stock paint job but I can live it with. I really enjoy my integra and am glad I purchased it.

Favorite Features

fun to drive, convenient hatchback, very reliable.

Suggested Improvements

more comfortable front seats, bad size and placement of cup holder.