1998 Acura Integra Consumer Review: Love it or hate it, True Sport

1998 Acura Integra - Consumer Review

Love it or hate it, True Sports Car.
By DarkFireTeg on

1998 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I want to start by saying this car likely saved my life in a T collision with a Mercury Grand Marquis. Struck my front right at the left tire, I spun out, but was entirely unharmed. The Mercury was likely going in excess of 65. On to the car. My first. It was right at the price and had all the features I wanted. Low maintenance, fun to drive. Throw it into corners, slide it around bends, and for Pete's sake, put your foot down. You won't be disappointed, I know I wasn't. After the crash I went and got a 2000 GS. Interior is tight, but that should be expected. Will get a bit rough on long drives. Automatic was nice, In retrospect, Grab the manual for even more fun.

Styling (love it or hate it). Zippy engine and good acceleration. Tight suspension for super cornering. Low gas mileage. Minimal electronic interference.

Upgrade your sound system, and do the little upgrades (exhaust, cold air, headers) and you'll be on cloud 9.