1998 Acura Integra Consumer Review: Like the day I bought it!

1998 Acura Integra - Consumer Review

GS-R 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Like the day I bought it!
By PghSkier on

1998 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car because a different car I ordered still wasn't here after 3 months. I was thinking I'd sell it after a couple years. Now, 8 years later, I hope to keep it past 150,000 miles. Everything else these days seems so far off the ground and bloated, this car has everything you need to get where you want in a hurry with maximum stealth. I take it to the ski resort all season (with winter tires) blowing past all those idiots who think they need SUVs in the snow. The supple ride and sharp handling are amazing (the RSX is such as step backward!). Not a quiet car, but no rattles after 120k miles, average of 30 mpg, no slip in the original clutch, still thrives on high revs.

5000-8100 RPM, flawless shifter, strong brakes, quick handling, basic but high-quality interior components, everything seems designed to last.

This was the last Honda product in the US not having an electric motor driving the interior temp control (it's a little stiff) -- that's my most significant quibble!