178k and still running fine
By cogs1 on
1998 Acura Integra RS 2dr Hatchback
Bought new, original owner; I paid just under 17k for it with tax out the door, mine is the 2 door hatch back RS 5 speed stick, non vtec engine. It is now 2011 and it has 178k miles and doesn’t drip a drop of oil and refuses to give up, even one the coldest of Michigan winters it starts right up without issue, it is amazing. It is still my daily driver to work everyday. I can tell you I have beat the crap out of this car, it has not been pampered at all. I do get the oil changed every 4-5k that about it. Normal wear items, timing belt, distributor, resonator pipe, brake calipers replaces, still on original starter, alternator, radiator, clutch, etc. Driven hard due to not having ANY horsepower until 5K RPM’s This car has been good to me, it looks like crap and is rusting but I can not fault this car, it has surpassed my expectations. I figure I’d drive it until 200k and donate it, I figured between having no car payments for 7 years and being a gas miser I have saved about 35k, not too bad. Thanks Honda.
Favorite Features
fun to drive, handling, low cost to operate
Suggested Improvements
sheet metal is too thin, easy door dings and rust though