Used 1998 Acura Integra Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

Ben's Integra
By ben

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

Overall a very reliable good car. But many people would Wonder why I rate the fuel economy so low or the performance not so great. Well to be honest this car gets the absolute WORST gas mileage of any car I have ever owned, it also has less horsepower than any of my previous vehicles (94 accord- 32 mpg, eclipse- 34 mpg, and 93 probe- 39 mpg) all those cars got that on the highway and had MUCH more power. The integra only has a 1.8 liter and I get 30 mpg in it. Overall a good car, just should be MUCH MORE fuel efficient. Also has a tiny tank. Under 11 gallons

Exterior look, and premium wheel package

More horsepower and better fuel efficiency!

A 10-year owner
By Ken

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

This little car is something hard to beat with its versatile interior design. Its hatchback trunk is something hard to find these days with about the same styling. Though I had bought a new car, I am still not letting go this wonderful car of all time.

Love it or hate it, True Sports Car.
By DarkFireTeg

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I want to start by saying this car likely saved my life in a T collision with a Mercury Grand Marquis. Struck my front right at the left tire, I spun out, but was entirely unharmed. The Mercury was likely going in excess of 65. On to the car. My first. It was right at the price and had all the features I wanted. Low maintenance, fun to drive. Throw it into corners, slide it around bends, and for Pete's sake, put your foot down. You won't be disappointed, I know I wasn't. After the crash I went and got a 2000 GS. Interior is tight, but that should be expected. Will get a bit rough on long drives. Automatic was nice, In retrospect, Grab the manual for even more fun.

Styling (love it or hate it). Zippy engine and good acceleration. Tight suspension for super cornering. Low gas mileage. Minimal electronic interference.

Upgrade your sound system, and do the little upgrades (exhaust, cold air, headers) and you'll be on cloud 9.

B-E-A-utiful car
By brantegra

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car in early 2004 with 109000 and I've got 129000 now and let me tell ya, it doesn't feel any older then my friends brand new EVO and I've almost got it just as fast as well. Must haves for the ultra performance person: coilover shocks, cat-back, short ram air intake, header, rims and good tires, lightweight flywheel, stage 2 clutch, and some lightweight pulleys and you'll be beating v-8 mustangs in no time.

The mass ability to upgrade your performance and body styling to your heart's content with good aftermarket support.

Like the day I bought it!
By PghSkier

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car because a different car I ordered still wasn't here after 3 months. I was thinking I'd sell it after a couple years. Now, 8 years later, I hope to keep it past 150,000 miles. Everything else these days seems so far off the ground and bloated, this car has everything you need to get where you want in a hurry with maximum stealth. I take it to the ski resort all season (with winter tires) blowing past all those idiots who think they need SUVs in the snow. The supple ride and sharp handling are amazing (the RSX is such as step backward!). Not a quiet car, but no rattles after 120k miles, average of 30 mpg, no slip in the original clutch, still thrives on high revs.

5000-8100 RPM, flawless shifter, strong brakes, quick handling, basic but high-quality interior components, everything seems designed to last.

This was the last Honda product in the US not having an electric motor driving the interior temp control (it's a little stiff) -- that's my most significant quibble!

• SUV