Used 1998 Acura Integra Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

Great Car For The Price
By Zeron18

1998 Acura Integra GS 2dr Hatchback

I've had this car for 2 years now and it's just like the day I got it. It performs nicely. It has the initial torque I was looking for. Handles real smoothly in the highways. I'm not a big fan of full leather interior but it's more luxurious. Haven't had any engine problems besides the stock radiator that gave up on me, which was about the right time it should wear down; 120k. Clutch still grabs hard and flywheel revs up faster than most other sport cars I've driven. Comes with 15 in wheels and larger brake rotors than the 94-97 models which is another bonus. Looking back at it, I've got no regrets buying this car.

ABS system does what it's supposed to do. The torque is nice for the mountain runs. Also, gotta love the four wheel brake discs instead of rear wheel drums.

Suggest investing some money into buying performance springs if you're interested in curvy roads. Understeer occurs a lot with stock ride height in both uphill and downhill. Honda should invest into a full copper radiator instead of the cheap plastic tops with the famous leaky heads.

I'm not impressed
By beardog

1998 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

We bought this LS with 55,000 and it now has 121,000. I like the handling and performance and the fuel mileage. It drives great in the N. New England winters. With good snow tires you can go anywhere. The maintenance is excessive. Adjust valves every 30,000! The 90,000 recommended maintenance (I follow the factory recommended maintenance schedule like exactly) cost $940 at the dealer! I've replaced the power steering pump, the right front wheel bearing, (twice!), the left rear wheel bearing, the right rear brake caliper, the left rear abs sensor & the abs light still comes on intermittently. This car has been expensive to maintain. I wouldn't buy again.

handling, 4 wheel disc brakes, traction in snow, fuel mileage.

Less maintenance costs.

Ben's Integra
By ben

1998 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

Overall a very reliable good car. But many people would Wonder why I rate the fuel economy so low or the performance not so great. Well to be honest this car gets the absolute WORST gas mileage of any car I have ever owned, it also has less horsepower than any of my previous vehicles (94 accord- 32 mpg, eclipse- 34 mpg, and 93 probe- 39 mpg) all those cars got that on the highway and had MUCH more power. The integra only has a 1.8 liter and I get 30 mpg in it. Overall a good car, just should be MUCH MORE fuel efficient. Also has a tiny tank. Under 11 gallons

Exterior look, and premium wheel package

More horsepower and better fuel efficiency!

A 10-year owner
By Ken

1998 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

This little car is something hard to beat with its versatile interior design. Its hatchback trunk is something hard to find these days with about the same styling. Though I had bought a new car, I am still not letting go this wonderful car of all time.

Love it or hate it, True Sports Car.
By DarkFireTeg

1998 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I want to start by saying this car likely saved my life in a T collision with a Mercury Grand Marquis. Struck my front right at the left tire, I spun out, but was entirely unharmed. The Mercury was likely going in excess of 65. On to the car. My first. It was right at the price and had all the features I wanted. Low maintenance, fun to drive. Throw it into corners, slide it around bends, and for Pete's sake, put your foot down. You won't be disappointed, I know I wasn't. After the crash I went and got a 2000 GS. Interior is tight, but that should be expected. Will get a bit rough on long drives. Automatic was nice, In retrospect, Grab the manual for even more fun.

Styling (love it or hate it). Zippy engine and good acceleration. Tight suspension for super cornering. Low gas mileage. Minimal electronic interference.

Upgrade your sound system, and do the little upgrades (exhaust, cold air, headers) and you'll be on cloud 9.