1998 Acura Integra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:
Greatest car i ever owned.
By jwoods4290 on 05/06/13 12:06 PM (PDT)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I've owned about 5 cars now, and this car is beyond amazement. i bought my integra with 128K miles on it, and i drive it 150 miles a day (not by choice) and it holds firm and nothing ever wrong with it. simple oil changes and maintenance and she will last you. Also, car is cheap to hook up and do things with so that's a +. but at the end of the day, this is the greatest car i ever owned and i refuse to leave acura just due to this integra. If you want stylish yet reliability AND GAS mileage, this is for you. Would recommend to everyone.

LOVE
By acenter on 02/24/13 18:26 PM (PST)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

If you get the chance to buy one DO! Make ppl jealous. This was my first car. I bought it in 2006 with 101k miles and will never regret it. It has been a great car. It's very fun to drive: stops great, accelerates quick, and takes corners like nothing. After moving a few times, I'm amazed at how much stuff you can fit in the trunk! The back seat is tight and no one likes to ride back there, but I'm the only one in the car most of the time. It now has over 204k miles on it and still runs like a dream. I average 29mpg and have gotten up to 33mpg hwy miles. I will never sell it. I just bought a new car but will keep this one for a fun weekend car. It has held up well and had no major issues.

BEST low-maintenance sports compact.
By thedirtybird on 11/23/12 00:05 AM (PST)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

Writing this review is almost as difficult a decision as selling my Integra was. The car was brilliant! People constantly trying to steal it was not. Having worked as a valet and driven virtually every commonly available car on the road, the Integra turned out to be the best balance of sporty, economical, and affordable, especially for a college student on a budget (and not wanting to "settle" for a Geo or Cavalier). To be honest, the non-VTEC LS trim has enough bang for your buck... and when will you -really- be needing VTEC?

one of the best.....ever
By tegcollector on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

This car is amazing ,even standing still ,your friends stand around it and drool ,i call it my japanese porsche,but its so much more ,great car to have your girl in ,for a date ,my 98 ls is the third one i owned . I had a 91 ls special ,and it was special,going to get the gsr or type r next .

My Favorite Car of All So Far
By liz09 on 09/05/10 16:23 PM (PDT)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

Amazing Car! Have owned for 4yrs bought with over 100,000mi now has 175000mi and still runs perfect. Only problem I've had was distributor cap had to replace at 140,000mi and radiator hoses at 125,000mi. Is extremely fun to drive! Stops on a dime, handles as on rails and has power when you need it. I have updated the car with new Cd player (although old one still works great) have USB drive which I love. Added heating/massaging seat cushions for comfort. Added minor performance mods, catback, cold air intake & rims with kumho tires-this car is a dream will never trade in or sell

I'm not impressed
By beardog on 09/12/08 10:35 AM (PDT)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

We bought this LS with 55,000 and it now has 121,000. I like the handling and performance and the fuel mileage. It drives great in the N. New England winters. With good snow tires you can go anywhere. The maintenance is excessive. Adjust valves every 30,000! The 90,000 recommended maintenance (I follow the factory recommended maintenance schedule like exactly) cost $940 at the dealer! I've replaced the power steering pump, the right front wheel bearing, (twice!), the left rear wheel bearing, the right rear brake caliper, the left rear abs sensor & the abs light still comes on intermittently. This car has been expensive to maintain. I wouldn't buy again.

Ben's Integra
By ben on 07/22/08 01:23 AM (PDT)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

Overall a very reliable good car. But many people would Wonder why I rate the fuel economy so low or the performance not so great. Well to be honest this car gets the absolute WORST gas mileage of any car I have ever owned, it also has less horsepower than any of my previous vehicles (94 accord- 32 mpg, eclipse- 34 mpg, and 93 probe- 39 mpg) all those cars got that on the highway and had MUCH more power. The integra only has a 1.8 liter and I get 30 mpg in it. Overall a good car, just should be MUCH MORE fuel efficient. Also has a tiny tank. Under 11 gallons

A 10-year owner
By Ken on 04/14/08 23:53 PM (PDT)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

This little car is something hard to beat with its versatile interior design. Its hatchback trunk is something hard to find these days with about the same styling. Though I had bought a new car, I am still not letting go this wonderful car of all time.

Love it or hate it, True Sports Car.
By DarkFireTeg on 07/05/07 18:57 PM (PDT)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I want to start by saying this car likely saved my life in a T collision with a Mercury Grand Marquis. Struck my front right at the left tire, I spun out, but was entirely unharmed. The Mercury was likely going in excess of 65. On to the car. My first. It was right at the price and had all the features I wanted. Low maintenance, fun to drive. Throw it into corners, slide it around bends, and for Pete's sake, put your foot down. You won't be disappointed, I know I wasn't. After the crash I went and got a 2000 GS. Interior is tight, but that should be expected. Will get a bit rough on long drives. Automatic was nice, In retrospect, Grab the manual for even more fun.

A true work of art
By Slammed Teg 98 on 01/06/05 14:20 PM (PST)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I couldn't have asked for a better first car. My 98 LS coupe is PERFECT. The manual transmission really gets the most out of the power. With a stock engine, I'm side-by-side with a V6 car. It handles like a Porsche, and has the reliability that Honda is known for. Comes loaded with standard features such as: ABS, CD player, sunroof, and all power features. Great on gas, I've never paid more then $15.50 to fill from "E", and I usually only fill up once a week. Simply put, it's quick, handles great, inexpensive, reliable, loaded, fuel efficient, and fun to drive. Why buy anything else?