Used 1998 Acura Integra GS-R Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

GSR V-TECH
By ACURA!!!!!!

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I absolutely love my Acura!!! This has to be the best car I've owned! The driving is outstanding. Such a smooth, quiet ride and is so much fun to drive. Never had any problems and don't think I will for a very long time.

Favorite Features

The sleek body style, it's sporty but luxury at the same time.

Suggested Improvements

Don't make them so easy to break into. Make sure it's locked up tight at night or it will go missing.

B-E-A-utiful car
By brantegra

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car in early 2004 with 109000 and I've got 129000 now and let me tell ya, it doesn't feel any older then my friends brand new EVO and I've almost got it just as fast as well. Must haves for the ultra performance person: coilover shocks, cat-back, short ram air intake, header, rims and good tires, lightweight flywheel, stage 2 clutch, and some lightweight pulleys and you'll be beating v-8 mustangs in no time.

Favorite Features

The mass ability to upgrade your performance and body styling to your heart's content with good aftermarket support.

Like the day I bought it!
By PghSkier

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car because a different car I ordered still wasn't here after 3 months. I was thinking I'd sell it after a couple years. Now, 8 years later, I hope to keep it past 150,000 miles. Everything else these days seems so far off the ground and bloated, this car has everything you need to get where you want in a hurry with maximum stealth. I take it to the ski resort all season (with winter tires) blowing past all those idiots who think they need SUVs in the snow. The supple ride and sharp handling are amazing (the RSX is such as step backward!). Not a quiet car, but no rattles after 120k miles, average of 30 mpg, no slip in the original clutch, still thrives on high revs.

Favorite Features

5000-8100 RPM, flawless shifter, strong brakes, quick handling, basic but high-quality interior components, everything seems designed to last.

Suggested Improvements

This was the last Honda product in the US not having an electric motor driving the interior temp control (it's a little stiff) -- that's my most significant quibble!

I love it!!!
By Amanda

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

This is my 2nd Acura Integra GS-R and I love these cars. They have speed when you need it and they ride so smooth. The car is also very sleek and looks great cruising down the highway.

Favorite Features

VTEC - the way the enging sounds when you get to about 5800 RPMs is just amazing. I love this car. I love everything about it.

Suggested Improvements

I love this car the way it is and don't think it needs any improvements.

Excellent Sport Car
By SiL

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

This car is excellent for those who live in warm-weather climates and dont need to deal with snow or rain for half a year. It's fast when you want it to be, excellent on gas mileage and always turns heads wherever you go. This is a great car for a high school or college kid that needs something reliable yet relaitvley inexpensive. I would certainly purchase another Integra GS-R if I lived in a state such as Florida or California.

Favorite Features

Engine - The engine is very reliable, and sturdy. You can beat on it when you have the urge to go fast, and it will still come back asking for more. Transmission - For inexpierienced manual transmission drivers this is a great car to learn on, Honda did an excellent job with this car

Suggested Improvements

If you really have the need for speed, some obvious enchancements could be made such as exhaust, headers, Cold- Air-Intake etc. However, bone stock this car can be tons of fun and doesnt need any addition aftermarket parts to be fast, and give you the ride of a lifetime.