1998 Acura Integra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:
GSR V-TECH
By ACURA!!!!!! on 12/19/09 21:23 PM (PST)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I absolutely love my Acura!!! This has to be the best car I've owned! The driving is outstanding. Such a smooth, quiet ride and is so much fun to drive. Never had any problems and don't think I will for a very long time.

B-E-A-utiful car
By brantegra on 06/04/07 11:55 AM (PDT)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car in early 2004 with 109000 and I've got 129000 now and let me tell ya, it doesn't feel any older then my friends brand new EVO and I've almost got it just as fast as well. Must haves for the ultra performance person: coilover shocks, cat-back, short ram air intake, header, rims and good tires, lightweight flywheel, stage 2 clutch, and some lightweight pulleys and you'll be beating v-8 mustangs in no time.

Like the day I bought it!
By PghSkier on 10/06/06 07:04 AM (PDT)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car because a different car I ordered still wasn't here after 3 months. I was thinking I'd sell it after a couple years. Now, 8 years later, I hope to keep it past 150,000 miles. Everything else these days seems so far off the ground and bloated, this car has everything you need to get where you want in a hurry with maximum stealth. I take it to the ski resort all season (with winter tires) blowing past all those idiots who think they need SUVs in the snow. The supple ride and sharp handling are amazing (the RSX is such as step backward!). Not a quiet car, but no rattles after 120k miles, average of 30 mpg, no slip in the original clutch, still thrives on high revs.

I love it!!!
By Amanda on 08/01/05 16:26 PM (PDT)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

This is my 2nd Acura Integra GS-R and I love these cars. They have speed when you need it and they ride so smooth. The car is also very sleek and looks great cruising down the highway.

Excellent Sport Car
By SiL on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

This car is excellent for those who live in warm-weather climates and dont need to deal with snow or rain for half a year. It's fast when you want it to be, excellent on gas mileage and always turns heads wherever you go. This is a great car for a high school or college kid that needs something reliable yet relaitvley inexpensive. I would certainly purchase another Integra GS-R if I lived in a state such as Florida or California.

What to expect from this car.
By ivanhoe on 12/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Owned for 6 years, 135k miles. Never broke down, consistently gets 27 mpg city/32 hwy, manuevers well, and is a fun workhorse. The factory tires really can't handle the car. It is not great in the snow due to its weight, but with the right tires(I suggest B Potenza re730) wet weather and very mild snow conditions are no problem. The antenna motor has broke 2x for this car. No A/C, electrical issues, and the brakes have solid and steady stopping. The factory radio is bad. It is a pooru head unit and not as good as similar cars. The speaker system is worse. Overall, it is a well worth the value. But remember it is still a $20k car.

My Awesome GS-R!
By Soul Reaver on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

The best thing about this car might possibly be the handling. It is superb on this car. Rack and pinion steering is excellent for this machine. 170 horsepower gets this car where you want it to fast. 4-wheel disc brakes and anti-lock add to the car quite a bit. Nice suspension, beautiful body, excellent reliability. This car is near perfect in my eyes.

Outstanding vehicle
By arizonalobo on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Great value, no problems with the car whatsoever. Fun to drive and capable of outstanding mileage. I routinely get 33 to 35 MPG on the highway.

Fun!
By Gilmour93 on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I got my GS-R new in '98 and drove it happily for 4 years. So much fun to drive. My only real complaint is that it was starting to fall apart when I ditched it. Manifold was rattling, master power window switch broke, rear washer fluid dispenser broken. Also, job 1 is to scrap the factory tires.

1998 GS-R
By GSR man on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this car since new. It is fun to drive. Not real fast, but quick. Peppy engine that puts a smile on my face everytime the tach soars above 5,500 rpms. The steering is razor sharp. Considered buying RSX type S, but after driving that car was so glad that I own a GS-R instead. Love the everyday driveability of this car. Great gas mileage and did I mention fun to drive! Great commuter car that is also good in snow. 58K miles and not a single complaint. New tires at 40K were the only money spent on this car other than oil changes, filters, and wiper blades.