Used 1998 Acura Integra Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

Greatest car i ever owned.
By jwoods4290

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I've owned about 5 cars now, and this car is beyond amazement. i bought my integra with 128K miles on it, and i drive it 150 miles a day (not by choice) and it holds firm and nothing ever wrong with it. simple oil changes and maintenance and she will last you. Also, car is cheap to hook up and do things with so that's a +. but at the end of the day, this is the greatest car i ever owned and i refuse to leave acura just due to this integra. If you want stylish yet reliability AND GAS mileage, this is for you. Would recommend to everyone.

LOVE
By acenter

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

If you get the chance to buy one DO! Make ppl jealous. This was my first car. I bought it in 2006 with 101k miles and will never regret it. It has been a great car. It's very fun to drive: stops great, accelerates quick, and takes corners like nothing. After moving a few times, I'm amazed at how much stuff you can fit in the trunk! The back seat is tight and no one likes to ride back there, but I'm the only one in the car most of the time. It now has over 204k miles on it and still runs like a dream. I average 29mpg and have gotten up to 33mpg hwy miles. I will never sell it. I just bought a new car but will keep this one for a fun weekend car. It has held up well and had no major issues.

Hatch & trunk space, moonroof, performance. So fun to drive.

It's 2013- you need a USB port, leather would be nice too, and seats with extra cushion, also suggest a cold air intake, exhaust and header for extra power & fun without killing gas mileage. Also it would be great if they made a 4 door version that still had a hatchback. I bought a new car this year (kept the integra as backup), but I never would have it had it 4 doors to haul around the family. btw new car I bought-Honda Insight (it's been great so far too, but not as fun as the integra) They need to bring the Integra back.

BEST low-maintenance sports compact.
By thedirtybird

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

Writing this review is almost as difficult a decision as selling my Integra was. The car was brilliant! People constantly trying to steal it was not. Having worked as a valet and driven virtually every commonly available car on the road, the Integra turned out to be the best balance of sporty, economical, and affordable, especially for a college student on a budget (and not wanting to "settle" for a Geo or Cavalier). To be honest, the non-VTEC LS trim has enough bang for your buck... and when will you -really- be needing VTEC?

Interior - I am 6'1" and the Integra fit me like a glove. The cabin is very clean, simple, and abundant with window space (so make sure you keep the interior tidy!) Amazing handling - if you're not familiar with it, test drive a Honda Civic the same day as an Integra. Your mind will be blown. I preferred the handling over the "improved" Acura RSX that replaced this model. Reliability/easy maintenance - I babied my Integra, but even with abuse I'd assume the car could easily make it to the 200,000-mile zone. Around the 80k mark my radiator sprung a leak, it cost $40 and a case of beer to change myself.

This is why I rated the Build Quality a 3: Aftermarket security is essential. This puts a very unfortunate extra strain on your budget. My car was constantly harassed parked on the street, door molding pried at, window smashed, and finally stolen with a simple coat hangar and shaved down Honda key. As much as I'll miss it, the theft has left me far too paranoid to continue owning the Integra as a daily driver without a garage. If one day the stars line up juuust right, I will definitely own another Integra.

178k and still running fine
By cogs1

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

Bought new, original owner; I paid just under 17k for it with tax out the door, mine is the 2 door hatch back RS 5 speed stick, non vtec engine. It is now 2011 and it has 178k miles and doesnít drip a drop of oil and refuses to give up, even one the coldest of Michigan winters it starts right up without issue, it is amazing. It is still my daily driver to work everyday. I can tell you I have beat the crap out of this car, it has not been pampered at all. I do get the oil changed every 4-5k that about it. Normal wear items, timing belt, distributor, resonator pipe, brake calipers replaces, still on original starter, alternator, radiator, clutch, etc. Driven hard due to not having ANY horsepower until 5K RPMís This car has been good to me, it looks like crap and is rusting but I can not fault this car, it has surpassed my expectations. I figure Iíd drive it until 200k and donate it, I figured between having no car payments for 7 years and being a gas miser I have saved about 35k, not too bad. Thanks Honda.

fun to drive, handling, low cost to operate

sheet metal is too thin, easy door dings and rust though

Great_Car
By integra_driver

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

I bought my integra with 132,000 miles on it. I did a little maintence to it; fluid flushes, tune up, etc.. and I've had zero problems with it. I've got an aftermarket header, catback exhaust and stickier tires on it. It isn't the quickest thing out there, but for a 1.8 four it goes pretty well. The tires really help in the corners, and it's by far the best front-wheel-drive car I've ever driven. I also love the gas mileage. The worst mileage I've ever gotten was 30.5. My best is 38.3. The only negative that I can think of is the ride. This isn't my dad's buick, but if you were expecting that then go buy a buick. I can't wait for the next 100,000 miles to fly by.

Gas Mileage, Handeling, Power