1998 Acura Integra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:
Greatest car i ever owned.
By jwoods4290 on 05/06/13 12:06 PM (PDT)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I've owned about 5 cars now, and this car is beyond amazement. i bought my integra with 128K miles on it, and i drive it 150 miles a day (not by choice) and it holds firm and nothing ever wrong with it. simple oil changes and maintenance and she will last you. Also, car is cheap to hook up and do things with so that's a +. but at the end of the day, this is the greatest car i ever owned and i refuse to leave acura just due to this integra. If you want stylish yet reliability AND GAS mileage, this is for you. Would recommend to everyone.

LOVE
By acenter on 02/24/13 18:26 PM (PST)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

If you get the chance to buy one DO! Make ppl jealous. This was my first car. I bought it in 2006 with 101k miles and will never regret it. It has been a great car. It's very fun to drive: stops great, accelerates quick, and takes corners like nothing. After moving a few times, I'm amazed at how much stuff you can fit in the trunk! The back seat is tight and no one likes to ride back there, but I'm the only one in the car most of the time. It now has over 204k miles on it and still runs like a dream. I average 29mpg and have gotten up to 33mpg hwy miles. I will never sell it. I just bought a new car but will keep this one for a fun weekend car. It has held up well and had no major issues.

BEST low-maintenance sports compact.
By thedirtybird on 11/23/12 00:05 AM (PST)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

Writing this review is almost as difficult a decision as selling my Integra was. The car was brilliant! People constantly trying to steal it was not. Having worked as a valet and driven virtually every commonly available car on the road, the Integra turned out to be the best balance of sporty, economical, and affordable, especially for a college student on a budget (and not wanting to "settle" for a Geo or Cavalier). To be honest, the non-VTEC LS trim has enough bang for your buck... and when will you -really- be needing VTEC?

178k and still running fine
By cogs1 on 07/19/11 12:17 PM (PDT)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

Bought new, original owner; I paid just under 17k for it with tax out the door, mine is the 2 door hatch back RS 5 speed stick, non vtec engine. It is now 2011 and it has 178k miles and doesn’t drip a drop of oil and refuses to give up, even one the coldest of Michigan winters it starts right up without issue, it is amazing. It is still my daily driver to work everyday. I can tell you I have beat the crap out of this car, it has not been pampered at all. I do get the oil changed every 4-5k that about it. Normal wear items, timing belt, distributor, resonator pipe, brake calipers replaces, still on original starter, alternator, radiator, clutch, etc. Driven hard due to not having ANY horsepower until 5K RPM’s This car has been good to me, it looks like crap and is rusting but I can not fault this car, it has surpassed my expectations. I figure I’d drive it until 200k and donate it, I figured between having no car payments for 7 years and being a gas miser I have saved about 35k, not too bad. Thanks Honda.

Great_Car
By integra_driver on 04/10/11 15:34 PM (PDT)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

I bought my integra with 132,000 miles on it. I did a little maintence to it; fluid flushes, tune up, etc.. and I've had zero problems with it. I've got an aftermarket header, catback exhaust and stickier tires on it. It isn't the quickest thing out there, but for a 1.8 four it goes pretty well. The tires really help in the corners, and it's by far the best front-wheel-drive car I've ever driven. I also love the gas mileage. The worst mileage I've ever gotten was 30.5. My best is 38.3. The only negative that I can think of is the ride. This isn't my dad's buick, but if you were expecting that then go buy a buick. I can't wait for the next 100,000 miles to fly by.

one of the best.....ever
By tegcollector on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

This car is amazing ,even standing still ,your friends stand around it and drool ,i call it my japanese porsche,but its so much more ,great car to have your girl in ,for a date ,my 98 ls is the third one i owned . I had a 91 ls special ,and it was special,going to get the gsr or type r next .

My Favorite Car of All So Far
By liz09 on 09/05/10 16:23 PM (PDT)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

Amazing Car! Have owned for 4yrs bought with over 100,000mi now has 175000mi and still runs perfect. Only problem I've had was distributor cap had to replace at 140,000mi and radiator hoses at 125,000mi. Is extremely fun to drive! Stops on a dime, handles as on rails and has power when you need it. I have updated the car with new Cd player (although old one still works great) have USB drive which I love. Added heating/massaging seat cushions for comfort. Added minor performance mods, catback, cold air intake & rims with kumho tires-this car is a dream will never trade in or sell

GSR V-TECH
By ACURA!!!!!! on 12/19/09 21:23 PM (PST)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I absolutely love my Acura!!! This has to be the best car I've owned! The driving is outstanding. Such a smooth, quiet ride and is so much fun to drive. Never had any problems and don't think I will for a very long time.

Great Car For The Price
By Zeron18 on 01/28/09 19:20 PM (PST)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

I've had this car for 2 years now and it's just like the day I got it. It performs nicely. It has the initial torque I was looking for. Handles real smoothly in the highways. I'm not a big fan of full leather interior but it's more luxurious. Haven't had any engine problems besides the stock radiator that gave up on me, which was about the right time it should wear down; 120k. Clutch still grabs hard and flywheel revs up faster than most other sport cars I've driven. Comes with 15 in wheels and larger brake rotors than the 94-97 models which is another bonus. Looking back at it, I've got no regrets buying this car.

I'm not impressed
By beardog on 09/12/08 10:35 AM (PDT)

1998 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

We bought this LS with 55,000 and it now has 121,000. I like the handling and performance and the fuel mileage. It drives great in the N. New England winters. With good snow tires you can go anywhere. The maintenance is excessive. Adjust valves every 30,000! The 90,000 recommended maintenance (I follow the factory recommended maintenance schedule like exactly) cost $940 at the dealer! I've replaced the power steering pump, the right front wheel bearing, (twice!), the left rear wheel bearing, the right rear brake caliper, the left rear abs sensor & the abs light still comes on intermittently. This car has been expensive to maintain. I wouldn't buy again.

1 2 3 4 5 next »