1997 Acura Integra Consumer Review: 97 GS-R

1997 Acura Integra - Consumer Review

GS-R 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

97 GS-R
By tjf on

1997 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I just sold the 1997 Integra GS-R I bought new in 1997, and I'm sorry to see it go. It was quick, handled well, and was just generally fun to drive. The gas mileage was exceptional, and the reliability was positively stellar. When I bought the car I believed it was the best bang for the buck available, and 10 years later, I still believe that was true. There may have been a few faster, better handling, cheaper cars, but none that provided so much performance with practicality and reliability. As a used car, I think a properly maintained Integra (particularly a GS-R) is a tremendous value.

Performance, reliability, and gas mileage were all top notch. I think the interior design was rather simple but eminently functional.

The only things the car didn't do well were things Acura didn't intend to do well with this car. The ride was very stiff and loud, and there's very little room in the back seat. That's all to be expected in a sport coupe.