Used 1997 Acura Integra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

Best car I've ever owned
By Scott

1997 Acura Integra GS-R 4dr Sedan

This '97 Integra GS-R V-tech, purchased new, has performed beyond the call of duty with only routine maintenance. After 10 years all systems, 5-speed transmission, engine + components, shocks, electricals are still working smoothly. Never in the shop except for state inspection and routine oil change, tire installation, etc. I'm continually amazed it uses virtually no oil. Though it doesn't look like a sports car, it acts like one, with excellent acceleration (especially when the v-tech kicks in) with quick-response precise handling and excellent match of transmission + engine. The high-quality paint still looks rich. Nothing in the interior or on exterior has ever broken. A tight, fun car!

Handling, build-quality, outward visibilty (almost 360 degrees!), pleasant bright interior, reliability.

Hood soundproofing, Better manifold front-pipe design.

I Love It!
By Hannah Acey

1997 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

Although I haven't owned my integra for long, I have absolutely no complaints about it (apart from the small center console). It handles great, as well as having impressive performance and awesome reliability!

I love the performance, I would definitely recommend a standard though. At first I wasn't very fond of the headlights, but they have grown on me because of they distinguish the Integras from most other cars.

I wouldn't change much. All I would suggest would be possible ground effect and spoiler. Performance parts are nice as well!

97 GS-R
By tjf

1997 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I just sold the 1997 Integra GS-R I bought new in 1997, and I'm sorry to see it go. It was quick, handled well, and was just generally fun to drive. The gas mileage was exceptional, and the reliability was positively stellar. When I bought the car I believed it was the best bang for the buck available, and 10 years later, I still believe that was true. There may have been a few faster, better handling, cheaper cars, but none that provided so much performance with practicality and reliability. As a used car, I think a properly maintained Integra (particularly a GS-R) is a tremendous value.

Performance, reliability, and gas mileage were all top notch. I think the interior design was rather simple but eminently functional.

The only things the car didn't do well were things Acura didn't intend to do well with this car. The ride was very stiff and loud, and there's very little room in the back seat. That's all to be expected in a sport coupe.

Used Gem
By Ziggy261

1997 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car from a friend that had put 224,000 miles on it. Mostly hwy with total dealer maintenance. It still purrs like a kitten. My son just loves it and most people think that it is only a few years old.

It's a Honda! Gonna try to get to 500,000 miles if possible.

Low beam headlights could be more powerful. Cruise control master switch is in a weird place.

Nice car..
By Jeff

1997 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

It is very nice exterior look. Fun to drive. Good gas mileage and still a pretty cheap car. I love it

Exterior look and gas mileage

Interior looks alittle cheap but I upgraded my interior and makes it look really nice.