1997 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:
1997 Acura Integra GSR
By KWW on 12/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Overall, this is a good car. A very RELIABLE car!! While it is no longer in production, there are a few things that could have been better. Comfort is lacking as the seats feel like you are sitting on cardboard. This is a real problem as we do alot of long distance driving 250+ miles at any given time. Only had two repairs during the warranty period...the CD player and the radiator. Finally, I think the factory tire choice could also have been better, the Michellin tires were a bit hard, loud and horrible in the wet.

Great Car for City and College
By DarkangelofBaltimore on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Acura Integra GS 2dr Hatchback

I've had my Integra GS 2-door for three years now. NO PROBLEMS! Quite possibly THE most reliable car I've ever owned! Quick, fuel efficient, parts are cheap, FUN to drive, strong engine for its size (buy a radar detector), and you'd be surprised what you can fit in the trunk when the back seats are folded down! The backseats aren't terribly comfortable for any trip longer than 2 hours. Seriously cramped. Front seats have lots of room, esp. head room. I'm 6'2" and have PLENTY of headroom. I HIGHLY recommend the car for college students who need cheap reliable transport. EASY to parallel park and small.

fun little car
By .......... on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Acura Integra RS 2dr Hatchback

This is a very fun to drive car. Power is decent but could use some more torque especially at lower rpms. You allways have to downshift two gears just to pass somebody. Handling is awesome, once the road starts to turn there aren't many cars that can keep up with an integra.

important
By matt789 on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

This car is the second car ive had scince my 240sx broke down. It dosent handle as well but this car is very fun to drive and a very cool project car. Ive had to replace the pully system twice but thats about it. Im standing at 6'2 and this car is just way too small for me.

gsr
By corey on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

this is a great fun and fast car, but cramped and a little uncomfortable due to the tight handling

I looooove my gs-r
By pinaygurly187 on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

i love this car! i thought about getting an eclipse but now i'm so happy i decided to get an integra instead. you can't beat the looks and the quality you get from an acura. i drove a tacoma before my integra and it's amazing how agile it is compared to the truck. it corners like a dream. the car is a good car just for driving around town but when u give it gas and get it up into the higher RPMs and the Vtec kicks in, you know it's more than just an upgraded civic like every1 thinks it is. be sure you get a manuel though...automatic integras are nooo fun, esp. if you've got a GS-R.

show me a better compact sedan
By pbs on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra GS-R 4dr Sedan

I've owned an integra GSR for 3 years now and have had no mechanical problems at all. With the reliability issue established, i can say this is an exciting performance car. If you're looking for a practical, yet exciting sedan with a 5speed, look no further.

Nice
By Sugeicee on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

Best car ever. I love it, and I would buy another after another if they still made it. I wish Acura never replaced it with the RSX, but that is awesome too. The Integra is the best import car ever for your money.

Acura Integra is fun and reliable
By Kathi on 07/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I love my car and am having a hard time accepting that I have to sell it. I bought it brand new in 1997, and I have not had any major problems with it at all, only regular maintenance checkups. The gas mileage is excellent, especially for highway driving. The car is peppy and agile, which makes it fun to drive (I recommend manual transmission for the most fun). Also, you don't need a VTEC engine to get good pickup. Composed of Honda parts, the Integra is also extremely reliable. If I weren't moving to Europe, I would choose to drive my car until the wheels fell off. No kidding!

Great Car!
By Nick Ayles on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Great car I would perfer nothing less. I have wanted one of these for quite sometime and funally I have gotten my baby!