1997 Integra GSR
By gsr_pilot on
1997 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback
There are not many cars built even today that can match the driving fun / parts available for upgrade / utility / reliability that the GSR hatchback offers. Add good fuel economy even by 2013 standards for a sports car category. For 16 years its been a serious winner & I can see why thieves are the biggest detriment to owning one ! Shifter / clutch are light feeling even when traffic gets heavy this car does not let you feel like its a liability. The best places are roads with numerous curves to exploit the " handling on rails " feeling ! My tachometer redlines at 8000 rpm so I get the feeling of F1 performance from a car costing $20K when it was new. Basic interior.
Favorite Features
The variable valve timing plus the car is light weight adds to the total driving experience. If you like to multitask while driving this car is NOT 4 U !!! Put the cell phone away hands on the wheel / shifter / foots on the clutch / gas & its hard to find any greater thrill than being on a road with turns going every different direction. Open the sunroof put your favorite tunes on ... its almost better than sex !
Suggested Improvements
The interior is confined. The Quad headlight design has grown on me & find it has classic lines. The torque is 128 foot pounds so off the line its not a burner. But putting in a clutch with more clamping power / adding a Cold Air intake have all helped to add more excitement ! Headlights are not strong enough for me so I added driving lights increasing night vision. The GSR model has more comfort than the high performance Type - R model. As a daily driving car I look forward to each day driving this car. If you like to drive a stick shift this car is very hard to beat for thrills. The problem with buying a used GSR is modifications not done right.