Used 1997 Acura Integra LS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Acura Integra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

Like me, this little car does not show its age
By Cathy H

1997 Acura Integra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I am the second owner of my 1997 Acura Integra LS. People are shocked to learn it is nearly 20 years old. The mileage is creeping up there (just like me)and I have kept up with all the regular maintenance like timing belt and exhaust replacements when needed just like I would check and maintain my own health issues as I get older and I am in pretty good shape for my age. So is my Integra. I have had noooooooo major problems and none that you wouldn't expect from an older car. Another amazing phenomenon is that it has been just the last year it has just started to rust a little around the wheel wells but I live in the northeast and I expected a whole lot more than what it is. Kind of like my wrinkles. It rides and travels beautifully and the gas mileage on this little girl is unbelievable!! I get about 36 or 37 MPG on the highway. The other thing I like about the Integra is that there are very few blind spots around the car, unlike a lot of newer model cars. The Integra handles really well on snowy roads but not so good on ice (what vehicle does?) It sits low to the ground so if there is a major snowfall you have to tuck yourself in after the first few inches are on the roads until the road crews get out to plow. That hasn't been an inconvenience for me at all. The one "negative" I would have to include is the headlights. High beam on this car is less quality than low beam on most newer cars and the radius of the lighting area is not the best. If you are travelling in an area where there is a risk of large animals wandering onto the road, this could be a concern because you can't see them along side the road very well. This is such an awesome car I would recommend it to anyone who wants a classy vehicle that is economical and lasts a long time, just like some of us classy older models from the 60's. : )

excellent on gas
By adam

1997 Acura Integra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I drive this car on the highway mostly and get 33mpg. If I drive in the city I get 29mpg. I think Edmunds underrated this cars fuel economy, I consistently get higher miles per gallon and have the automatic transmission. Of course I don't beat up on it so this is probably why. This car is fun to drive, and handles well. I don't have to brake for turns which helps get great gas mileage.

extremely reliable and gets great gas mileage. I got the car from my sister. She bought it with 32,000 miles and I now have 133,000 miles on it. During this time period it has only been maintnance items. Never left us stranded.

A wire to the starter worked its self loose once, but it took 5 seconds to plug back in. No big deal, not even worth mentioning but I cant think of anything bad to say about this car.

Acura Integra 4dr LS
By Trisha'sToy

I actually went from a Ford Probe GT (i know, gag) to this beautiful Acura
Integra LS 4dr. So far I have fallen in love with it. The look is sleek, sporty
yet sophisticated. I needed something with a little more dependability, and
wanted to look good driving it! It's pretty quick for it's 4 cyl engine, my probe
had a turbo charged engine and this VTEC engine in my Acura offers right
about the same, or more "get up and go" All in all I'm truely satisfied with my
purchase and hope to get a few good years in with my new toy =)

I'd have to say one would be my leather seats, CD player and awesome sound system. The metalic green color glimmers in the sun and looks almost black and very seductive at night.

The cup holders gotta move!!!!!!!! Everytime I get a coke I have to take into consideration, when ordering a large, if the lid of my coke will cover half my radio. OR!! turn it off completely if I move or bump the drink in any way. (I now find myself ordering mediums) =P