Used 1997 Acura Integra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Acura Integra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1997 Acura Integra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

Like me, this little car does not show its age
By Cathy H

1997 Acura Integra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I am the second owner of my 1997 Acura Integra LS. People are shocked to learn it is nearly 20 years old. The mileage is creeping up there (just like me)and I have kept up with all the regular maintenance like timing belt and exhaust replacements when needed just like I would check and maintain my own health issues as I get older and I am in pretty good shape for my age. So is my Integra. I have had noooooooo major problems and none that you wouldn't expect from an older car. Another amazing phenomenon is that it has been just the last year it has just started to rust a little around the wheel wells but I live in the northeast and I expected a whole lot more than what it is. Kind of like my wrinkles. It rides and travels beautifully and the gas mileage on this little girl is unbelievable!! I get about 36 or 37 MPG on the highway. The other thing I like about the Integra is that there are very few blind spots around the car, unlike a lot of newer model cars. The Integra handles really well on snowy roads but not so good on ice (what vehicle does?) It sits low to the ground so if there is a major snowfall you have to tuck yourself in after the first few inches are on the roads until the road crews get out to plow. That hasn't been an inconvenience for me at all. The one "negative" I would have to include is the headlights. High beam on this car is less quality than low beam on most newer cars and the radius of the lighting area is not the best. If you are travelling in an area where there is a risk of large animals wandering onto the road, this could be a concern because you can't see them along side the road very well. This is such an awesome car I would recommend it to anyone who wants a classy vehicle that is economical and lasts a long time, just like some of us classy older models from the 60's. : )

1997 Acura Integra
By TY

1997 Acura Integra Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I have only had this car for a year, but I have to say, with the exception of minor things like changing my brakes and the moonroof drainage tube popping loose and feeding water into my passengers floor (I paid 40 dollars to fix), I love the car. It's strong, reliable, and has a unique design which lets people know what kind of car it is, but not year. All in all, a strong car with equally strong features.

Favorites would have to be the sound system, which for a factory is incredible. And its size is great for NYC parking.

Cup holders, and the headrest only has 2 settings, either all the way down or up.

Best car I've ever owned
By Scott

1997 Acura Integra Sedan GS-R 4dr Sedan

This '97 Integra GS-R V-tech, purchased new, has performed beyond the call of duty with only routine maintenance. After 10 years all systems, 5-speed transmission, engine + components, shocks, electricals are still working smoothly. Never in the shop except for state inspection and routine oil change, tire installation, etc. I'm continually amazed it uses virtually no oil. Though it doesn't look like a sports car, it acts like one, with excellent acceleration (especially when the v-tech kicks in) with quick-response precise handling and excellent match of transmission + engine. The high-quality paint still looks rich. Nothing in the interior or on exterior has ever broken. A tight, fun car!

Handling, build-quality, outward visibilty (almost 360 degrees!), pleasant bright interior, reliability.

Hood soundproofing, Better manifold front-pipe design.

excellent on gas
By adam

1997 Acura Integra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I drive this car on the highway mostly and get 33mpg. If I drive in the city I get 29mpg. I think Edmunds underrated this cars fuel economy, I consistently get higher miles per gallon and have the automatic transmission. Of course I don't beat up on it so this is probably why. This car is fun to drive, and handles well. I don't have to brake for turns which helps get great gas mileage.

extremely reliable and gets great gas mileage. I got the car from my sister. She bought it with 32,000 miles and I now have 133,000 miles on it. During this time period it has only been maintnance items. Never left us stranded.

A wire to the starter worked its self loose once, but it took 5 seconds to plug back in. No big deal, not even worth mentioning but I cant think of anything bad to say about this car.

show me a better compact sedan
By pbs

1997 Acura Integra Sedan GS-R 4dr Sedan

I've owned an integra GSR for 3 years
now and have had no mechanical
problems at all.

With the reliability issue
established, i can say this is an
exciting performance car. If you're
looking for a practical, yet exciting
sedan with a 5speed, look no further.

Transmission. The stick shift has a short throw and never gets tiring. Engine. low rpm's, the acceleration is very average. Once this gets above 4k, the car can really take off. Design. Instrumentation is clean and easy to use.

Back seat. This folds down but only completely -- a 60/40 split, or a pass- through for skis would be convenient and easy too add. Cupholders. a tad on the small side and placement a little awkward.