Used 1997 Acura Integra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

1997 Acura Integra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

1997 Acura Integra
By TY

1997 Acura Integra Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I have only had this car for a year, but I have to say, with the exception of minor things like changing my brakes and the moonroof drainage tube popping loose and feeding water into my passengers floor (I paid 40 dollars to fix), I love the car. It's strong, reliable, and has a unique design which lets people know what kind of car it is, but not year. All in all, a strong car with equally strong features.

Favorite Features

Favorites would have to be the sound system, which for a factory is incredible. And its size is great for NYC parking.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders, and the headrest only has 2 settings, either all the way down or up.

Best car I've ever owned
By Scott

1997 Acura Integra Sedan GS-R 4dr Sedan

This '97 Integra GS-R V-tech, purchased new, has performed beyond the call of duty with only routine maintenance. After 10 years all systems, 5-speed transmission, engine + components, shocks, electricals are still working smoothly. Never in the shop except for state inspection and routine oil change, tire installation, etc. I'm continually amazed it uses virtually no oil. Though it doesn't look like a sports car, it acts like one, with excellent acceleration (especially when the v-tech kicks in) with quick-response precise handling and excellent match of transmission + engine. The high-quality paint still looks rich. Nothing in the interior or on exterior has ever broken. A tight, fun car!

Favorite Features

Handling, build-quality, outward visibilty (almost 360 degrees!), pleasant bright interior, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Hood soundproofing, Better manifold front-pipe design.

excellent on gas
By adam

1997 Acura Integra Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I drive this car on the highway mostly and get 33mpg. If I drive in the city I get 29mpg. I think Edmunds underrated this cars fuel economy, I consistently get higher miles per gallon and have the automatic transmission. Of course I don't beat up on it so this is probably why. This car is fun to drive, and handles well. I don't have to brake for turns which helps get great gas mileage.

Favorite Features

extremely reliable and gets great gas mileage. I got the car from my sister. She bought it with 32,000 miles and I now have 133,000 miles on it. During this time period it has only been maintnance items. Never left us stranded.

Suggested Improvements

A wire to the starter worked its self loose once, but it took 5 seconds to plug back in. No big deal, not even worth mentioning but I cant think of anything bad to say about this car.

show me a better compact sedan
By pbs

1997 Acura Integra Sedan GS-R 4dr Sedan

I've owned an integra GSR for 3 years now and have had no mechanical problems at all. With the reliability issue established, i can say this is an exciting performance car. If you're looking for a practical, yet exciting sedan with a 5speed, look no further.

Favorite Features

Transmission. The stick shift has a short throw and never gets tiring. Engine. low rpm's, the acceleration is very average. Once this gets above 4k, the car can really take off. Design. Instrumentation is clean and easy to use.

Suggested Improvements

Back seat. This folds down but only completely -- a 60/40 split, or a pass- through for skis would be convenient and easy too add. Cupholders. a tad on the small side and placement a little awkward.

Love the Integra!
By MaryAlice

1997 Acura Integra Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

If you are looking for an extremely reliable sedan, look no further than this car. I've owned my car for 4 years & have never had to service it other than normal maintenance & new tires. This car is fun to drive and is fairly quiet on the highway (when the sunroof is closed) Open the sunroof & it's a differant story. Other than that I give this car Highest Ratings!!!

Favorite Features

Leather seats, moonroof, CD Player, the large trunk, folding backseats, tilt steering wheel, childproof locks & CD player.

Suggested Improvements

Change design of middle armrest Larger backseat Move location of cupholders in front Moonroof has some issues!Driving on the highway w/the moonroof open can be VERY loud!!