1997 Acura Integra Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:
1997 Integra GSR
By gsr_pilot on 07/19/13 14:05 PM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

There are not many cars built even today that can match the driving fun / parts available for upgrade / utility / reliability that the GSR hatchback offers. Add good fuel economy even by 2013 standards for a sports car category. For 16 years its been a serious winner & I can see why thieves are the biggest detriment to owning one ! Shifter / clutch are light feeling even when traffic gets heavy this car does not let you feel like its a liability. The best places are roads with numerous curves to exploit the " handling on rails " feeling ! My tachometer redlines at 8000 rpm so I get the feeling of F1 performance from a car costing $20K when it was new. Basic interior.

17 years after it rolled off the assembly line...
By ecidloc on 04/29/13 23:54 PM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra Hatchback RS 2dr Hatchback

I have never been much into cars. True, I owned an Acura before and I have heard of the name Integra, but it did not attach any meaning to me until recently when I bought a 17-yr old used one as a second car for the family. From styling, handling, dynamics, ride comfort and practicality, this car surprises me in every single way. It has simply and functional designs, it has a peppy and efficient engine, it has no fancy equipment, it has a styling that can stand in time, and it has 17 years on the road and still running in a typical Honda fashion. This is a car built for driving, and it was built to last. We need more cars like this in today's car industry.

Love This Car!
By naturegirl3 on 04/20/11 12:04 PM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I bought my '97 Acura Integra Hatchback (150k miles) used last year (2010) from a young woman who owned the car. Nothing was modified on the car.. it was just as it was from the factory. I've never owned an Acura before and I am VERY impressed with this car. I was very skeptical of buying a used car, especially one that was 13 years old. My previous car was a Grand Cherokee Jeep - pile of crap. At 150k miles, it was falling apart and needed major work and only got 15mpg on a good day. My Acura has been an adjustment due to how small it is, but for commuting back and forth to work and trips around town, I couldn't be happier with the gas mileage (30 city - and it's 13 years old!)

Be Careful!
By wmsptPA on 04/29/10 08:06 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

Beware of used Integras! These are popular cars to modify, and when people do this, they mess things up seriously! Due to the moron who owned the car before me, my integra is endlessly dying on me for one reason after another, as soon as I fix one problem, a new one comes up. I have spent thousands of dollars trying to keep this thing on the road (I can't afford another car), and as I write it is dead at my house, won't start due to an electrical malfunction of some kind, which will probably also cost a fortune. Integras are great cars as long as they have not been modified at all, be very cautious that the one you are considering buying has not been modified at all!

cant seem to stop buying another?
By sonz on 04/24/10 09:44 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra Hatchback GS-R 2dr Hatchback

ive never been a fan of these "tuner" cars until i bought my first one in 08. Since 08 i have owned 3, being on my 4th one now. The current one i have invested over 7k into aftermarket parts that include a fully built high compression all motor setup and a $3k paintjob. Looks brand new now and wouldnt hesitate to drive it across country! Sadly, i am getting a little older and have had my first son. Im not going to get what i want from the sale, but hopefully shell go to good hands. I love the styling. I thought id be sad after financial reasons and having to get rid of my 545i, but the only thing i miss about the 545 is the comfort. Ran the gsr at the track and ran a 12.4 all motor on slicks

Great, affordable, fun coupe
By T Jeffries on 09/10/09 10:07 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

This is the second Integra I've owned. With its well- thought-out suspension it's fun to pitch into corners. (I've owned 60's British roadsters, contemporary Japanese sports cars and campaigned a number of sports racing vehicles--from an original Shelby GT- 350 to Formula Fords--and this is still a sweet little car.) It's also a capable cruiser for long trips and terrific on gas: it turned almost 37 mpg on our last trip. Quality-built, it should last another 1/4 of a million miles.

Frost - 1997 Acura Integra LS
By Louis on 05/03/09 15:15 PM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

I bought Frost when he was 1 year old with 9,000 miles on him. He's been a driven all over the Houston area, with a trip to Florida and another to Missouri. With 152,000+ miles later, he is still reliable and gets great gas mileage. He still has a lot of zip. I admit that the interior has some drawbacks. The inside door rest is both hard and has torn; leaving a hole within the arm rest. The hatchback, however, allows me to haul many large items; as long as they are not too tall. In town mileage 30-31 still. With 161,000+ miles I'm going to get a new paint job and replace some worn out fabric seats and a new door panel.

Good action
By Nick on 04/14/08 19:59 PM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

This is a car I would recommend anyone to own. I've owned the car for over 6 years and have been absolutely thrilled with it. I've only replaced a radiator and items like drive belts, fuel filter, tires, brake pads, etc. One would change those items on any car over a long period of time. The only complaint I have is that the paint has faded. It has been a rock solid car and will graduate to track duty only.

I love my car!
By Christina Smith on 10/19/07 09:46 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

This has been the best first car I could have asked for! I have owned it for over 6 years, and it has been exceptionally reliable, which is extremely important to me for safety and convenience reasons. It gets great gas mileage. Also, it is so fun to drive (I have a manual)! Because of this car, I have a feeling I will be brand loyal to Acura for the rest of my life!

I Love It!
By Hannah Acey on 06/20/07 14:34 PM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra Hatchback LS 2dr Hatchback

Although I haven't owned my integra for long, I have absolutely no complaints about it (apart from the small center console). It handles great, as well as having impressive performance and awesome reliability!