1997 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:
1997 Integra GSR
By gsr_pilot on 07/19/13 14:05 PM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

There are not many cars built even today that can match the driving fun / parts available for upgrade / utility / reliability that the GSR hatchback offers. Add good fuel economy even by 2013 standards for a sports car category. For 16 years its been a serious winner & I can see why thieves are the biggest detriment to owning one ! Shifter / clutch are light feeling even when traffic gets heavy this car does not let you feel like its a liability. The best places are roads with numerous curves to exploit the " handling on rails " feeling ! My tachometer redlines at 8000 rpm so I get the feeling of F1 performance from a car costing $20K when it was new. Basic interior.

cant seem to stop buying another?
By sonz on 04/24/10 09:44 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

ive never been a fan of these "tuner" cars until i bought my first one in 08. Since 08 i have owned 3, being on my 4th one now. The current one i have invested over 7k into aftermarket parts that include a fully built high compression all motor setup and a $3k paintjob. Looks brand new now and wouldnt hesitate to drive it across country! Sadly, i am getting a little older and have had my first son. Im not going to get what i want from the sale, but hopefully shell go to good hands. I love the styling. I thought id be sad after financial reasons and having to get rid of my 545i, but the only thing i miss about the 545 is the comfort. Ran the gsr at the track and ran a 12.4 all motor on slicks

97 GS-R
By tjf on 01/16/07 14:08 PM (PST)

1997 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I just sold the 1997 Integra GS-R I bought new in 1997, and I'm sorry to see it go. It was quick, handled well, and was just generally fun to drive. The gas mileage was exceptional, and the reliability was positively stellar. When I bought the car I believed it was the best bang for the buck available, and 10 years later, I still believe that was true. There may have been a few faster, better handling, cheaper cars, but none that provided so much performance with practicality and reliability. As a used car, I think a properly maintained Integra (particularly a GS-R) is a tremendous value.

Nice car..
By Jeff on 06/16/06 10:38 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

It is very nice exterior look. Fun to drive. Good gas mileage and still a pretty cheap car. I love it

Great Car
By Sox Fan on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

This car is has been a great car with. The car has been increadibly reliable overall. It is a comfortable car with a nice enginer.

1997 Acura Integra GSR
By KWW on 12/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Overall, this is a good car. A very RELIABLE car!! While it is no longer in production, there are a few things that could have been better. Comfort is lacking as the seats feel like you are sitting on cardboard. This is a real problem as we do alot of long distance driving 250+ miles at any given time. Only had two repairs during the warranty period...the CD player and the radiator. Finally, I think the factory tire choice could also have been better, the Michellin tires were a bit hard, loud and horrible in the wet.

important
By matt789 on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

This car is the second car ive had scince my 240sx broke down. It dosent handle as well but this car is very fun to drive and a very cool project car. Ive had to replace the pully system twice but thats about it. Im standing at 6'2 and this car is just way too small for me.

gsr
By corey on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

this is a great fun and fast car, but cramped and a little uncomfortable due to the tight handling

I looooove my gs-r
By pinaygurly187 on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

i love this car! i thought about getting an eclipse but now i'm so happy i decided to get an integra instead. you can't beat the looks and the quality you get from an acura. i drove a tacoma before my integra and it's amazing how agile it is compared to the truck. it corners like a dream. the car is a good car just for driving around town but when u give it gas and get it up into the higher RPMs and the Vtec kicks in, you know it's more than just an upgraded civic like every1 thinks it is. be sure you get a manuel though...automatic integras are nooo fun, esp. if you've got a GS-R.

Great Car!
By Nick Ayles on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

Great car I would perfer nothing less. I have wanted one of these for quite sometime and funally I have gotten my baby!