1997 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:
Love This Car!
By naturegirl3 on 04/20/11 12:04 PM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I bought my '97 Acura Integra Hatchback (150k miles) used last year (2010) from a young woman who owned the car. Nothing was modified on the car.. it was just as it was from the factory. I've never owned an Acura before and I am VERY impressed with this car. I was very skeptical of buying a used car, especially one that was 13 years old. My previous car was a Grand Cherokee Jeep - pile of crap. At 150k miles, it was falling apart and needed major work and only got 15mpg on a good day. My Acura has been an adjustment due to how small it is, but for commuting back and forth to work and trips around town, I couldn't be happier with the gas mileage (30 city - and it's 13 years old!)

Be Careful!
By wmsptPA on 04/29/10 08:06 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

Beware of used Integras! These are popular cars to modify, and when people do this, they mess things up seriously! Due to the moron who owned the car before me, my integra is endlessly dying on me for one reason after another, as soon as I fix one problem, a new one comes up. I have spent thousands of dollars trying to keep this thing on the road (I can't afford another car), and as I write it is dead at my house, won't start due to an electrical malfunction of some kind, which will probably also cost a fortune. Integras are great cars as long as they have not been modified at all, be very cautious that the one you are considering buying has not been modified at all!

Great, affordable, fun coupe
By T Jeffries on 09/10/09 10:07 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

This is the second Integra I've owned. With its well- thought-out suspension it's fun to pitch into corners. (I've owned 60's British roadsters, contemporary Japanese sports cars and campaigned a number of sports racing vehicles--from an original Shelby GT- 350 to Formula Fords--and this is still a sweet little car.) It's also a capable cruiser for long trips and terrific on gas: it turned almost 37 mpg on our last trip. Quality-built, it should last another 1/4 of a million miles.

Frost - 1997 Acura Integra LS
By Louis on 05/03/09 15:15 PM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I bought Frost when he was 1 year old with 9,000 miles on him. He's been a driven all over the Houston area, with a trip to Florida and another to Missouri. With 152,000+ miles later, he is still reliable and gets great gas mileage. He still has a lot of zip. I admit that the interior has some drawbacks. The inside door rest is both hard and has torn; leaving a hole within the arm rest. The hatchback, however, allows me to haul many large items; as long as they are not too tall. In town mileage 30-31 still. With 161,000+ miles I'm going to get a new paint job and replace some worn out fabric seats and a new door panel.

Good action
By Nick on 04/14/08 19:59 PM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

This is a car I would recommend anyone to own. I've owned the car for over 6 years and have been absolutely thrilled with it. I've only replaced a radiator and items like drive belts, fuel filter, tires, brake pads, etc. One would change those items on any car over a long period of time. The only complaint I have is that the paint has faded. It has been a rock solid car and will graduate to track duty only.

I love my car!
By Christina Smith on 10/19/07 09:46 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

This has been the best first car I could have asked for! I have owned it for over 6 years, and it has been exceptionally reliable, which is extremely important to me for safety and convenience reasons. It gets great gas mileage. Also, it is so fun to drive (I have a manual)! Because of this car, I have a feeling I will be brand loyal to Acura for the rest of my life!

I Love It!
By Hannah Acey on 06/20/07 14:34 PM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

Although I haven't owned my integra for long, I have absolutely no complaints about it (apart from the small center console). It handles great, as well as having impressive performance and awesome reliability!

Used Gem
By Ziggy261 on 09/15/06 17:53 PM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car from a friend that had put 224,000 miles on it. Mostly hwy with total dealer maintenance. It still purrs like a kitten. My son just loves it and most people think that it is only a few years old.

Nice
By Sugeicee on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

Best car ever. I love it, and I would buy another after another if they still made it. I wish Acura never replaced it with the RSX, but that is awesome too. The Integra is the best import car ever for your money.

Acura Integra is fun and reliable
By Kathi on 07/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I love my car and am having a hard time accepting that I have to sell it. I bought it brand new in 1997, and I have not had any major problems with it at all, only regular maintenance checkups. The gas mileage is excellent, especially for highway driving. The car is peppy and agile, which makes it fun to drive (I recommend manual transmission for the most fun). Also, you don't need a VTEC engine to get good pickup. Composed of Honda parts, the Integra is also extremely reliable. If I weren't moving to Europe, I would choose to drive my car until the wheels fell off. No kidding!