Used 1997 Acura Integra LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

1997 Acura Integra

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

Most Helpful|
Great, affordable, fun coupe
By T Jeffries

1997 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

This is the second Integra I've owned. With its well- thought-out suspension it's fun to pitch into corners. (I've owned 60's British roadsters, contemporary Japanese sports cars and campaigned a number of sports racing vehicles--from an original Shelby GT- 350 to Formula Fords--and this is still a sweet little car.) It's also a capable cruiser for long trips and terrific on gas: it turned almost 37 mpg on our last trip. Quality-built, it should last another 1/4 of a million miles.

Favorite Features

Tight suspension and ride for its class, reliable and efficient.

Love This Car!
By naturegirl3

1997 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I bought my '97 Acura Integra Hatchback (150k miles) used last year (2010) from a young woman who owned the car. Nothing was modified on the car.. it was just as it was from the factory. I've never owned an Acura before and I am VERY impressed with this car. I was very skeptical of buying a used car, especially one that was 13 years old. My previous car was a Grand Cherokee Jeep - pile of crap. At 150k miles, it was falling apart and needed major work and only got 15mpg on a good day. My Acura has been an adjustment due to how small it is, but for commuting back and forth to work and trips around town, I couldn't be happier with the gas mileage (30 city - and it's 13 years old!)

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage (30 city / 40 hwy) Dependability, great cornering, sunroof, peppy engine, easy to work on.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder is in the wrong place, but that's such a minor problem compared to other cars I've owned. Round headlights give it a "froggy" look but I've owned VW bugs in the past and I think it's cute.

Be Careful!
By wmsptPA

1997 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

Beware of used Integras! These are popular cars to modify, and when people do this, they mess things up seriously! Due to the moron who owned the car before me, my integra is endlessly dying on me for one reason after another, as soon as I fix one problem, a new one comes up. I have spent thousands of dollars trying to keep this thing on the road (I can't afford another car), and as I write it is dead at my house, won't start due to an electrical malfunction of some kind, which will probably also cost a fortune. Integras are great cars as long as they have not been modified at all, be very cautious that the one you are considering buying has not been modified at all!

Favorite Features

I love the interior and exterior design of this car! Simple, sleek, and sharp. Handles amazingly.

Suggested Improvements

Not a smooth ride, loud too, but this is intentional.

Good action
By Nick

1997 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

This is a car I would recommend anyone to own. I've owned the car for over 6 years and have been absolutely thrilled with it. I've only replaced a radiator and items like drive belts, fuel filter, tires, brake pads, etc. One would change those items on any car over a long period of time. The only complaint I have is that the paint has faded. It has been a rock solid car and will graduate to track duty only.

Favorite Features

Drives like a winner, great gas mileage, great handling, especially for an FF layout. Lots of space in the hatch.

Suggested Improvements

A VTEC head if you don't have one already.

Frost - 1997 Acura Integra LS
By Louis

1997 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I bought Frost when he was 1 year old with 9,000 miles on him. He's been a driven all over the Houston area, with a trip to Florida and another to Missouri. With 152,000+ miles later, he is still reliable and gets great gas mileage. He still has a lot of zip. I admit that the interior has some drawbacks. The inside door rest is both hard and has torn; leaving a hole within the arm rest. The hatchback, however, allows me to haul many large items; as long as they are not too tall. In town mileage 30-31 still. With 161,000+ miles I'm going to get a new paint job and replace some worn out fabric seats and a new door panel.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, reliability, fun to drive, sexy front end.

Suggested Improvements

Door panels, door panels, and door panels.