Used 1997 Acura Integra RS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

1997 Acura Integra

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

17 years after it rolled off the assembly line...
By ecidloc

1997 Acura Integra RS 2dr Hatchback

I have never been much into cars. True, I owned an Acura before and I have heard of the name Integra, but it did not attach any meaning to me until recently when I bought a 17-yr old used one as a second car for the family. From styling, handling, dynamics, ride comfort and practicality, this car surprises me in every single way. It has simply and functional designs, it has a peppy and efficient engine, it has no fancy equipment, it has a styling that can stand in time, and it has 17 years on the road and still running in a typical Honda fashion. This is a car built for driving, and it was built to last. We need more cars like this in today's car industry.

fun little car
By ..........

1997 Acura Integra RS 2dr Hatchback

This is a very fun to drive car. Power is decent but could use some more torque especially at lower rpms. You allways have to downshift two gears just to pass somebody. Handling is awesome, once the road starts to turn there aren't many cars that can keep up with an integra.

Favorite Features

Handling, fun to drive, styling, you can actually fit adults in the back seats(try that with an eclipse)

Suggested Improvements

uncomfortable seat especially on long trips, ride quality only soso due to stiff suspension

Forelorne
By forlorne

1997 Acura Integra RS 2dr Hatchback

My 97 integra RS was in the prime of it's life when I totalled it. Apparently I got accustomed to it's smooth ride and quick handling but lacked the driver skills to hold her wide race like tires to the road. I am saddened to say that I said my farewells to my car last week...hopefully I can find a replacement but not optomistic at all...:o( All-in-all a terrific car with a lot of gusto for the price. Just a cool car all the way around.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, sleek look, low maintenance and great gas milage. Even doubled as a truck from time-to-time b/c the back seats fold flat. Even hauled a few pieces of drywall in it. :o) Never got pushed around, by wind or passing trucks, like most small cars do.

Suggested Improvements

Seats are uncomfortable for long trips. Rear seats don't offer any comfort to guests...not that you would expect from a sports car. Have to agree with the cup thing from the other reviewer.