1996 Acura Integra Consumer Review: Terrific car

1996 Acura Integra Hatchback - Consumer Review

Terrific car
By Raven on

1996 Acura Integra GS-R 2dr Hatchback

I recently traded in my Integra for a 3.2 TL Type S, and while I love my TL, my memories of that wonderful Integra will always be with me. Great acceleration, amazing handling on curves and the ability to get in and out of traffic make that car a joy to drive. The styling is great and there's just something about what Acura does with engines that creates a powerful sound that makes you love what you're driving. Reliability? Acura has cornered the market on it. I have owned 2 Acuras - now on my third - and I will never purchase any other brand. Not a thing ever went wrong with my vehicle and I drove it harder than I ever should have.

Engine - sound and performance. Styling - race car style with elegance. Reliability - what can you say about a vehicle that never has a mechanical problem in 12 years.

Model has been discontinued - a shame, but for those still out there, perhaps comfort level would be a nice improvement. All in all, a tremendous bang for the buck. Honda outdid itself with Acura.